Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:07 am

First up I want to apologize on the news mix up yesterday as Lalli was having problems uploading the news for the day. However a lot of you were grateful for the Halo PC read. Over the course of the next week we may have some small mixups but all should be well soon. In the meantime here are three good things to read about.
Jungle Warfare Update: Oli and his team at Jungle Warfare decided to add some new movies, screenies and other information to their website.
Grenade Basketball For UT2003?: We received a rather unusual sounding email today. It is from a reader who has worked on various versions of this Mod for other video games. If you are interested in finding our more information follow this link here.

Prominent Developers Leave Blizzard: In a rather stunning but overall good move, the creators of the Diablo series have left Blizzard. Why do I care? Well considering they are making a stand against corporate bias and control of video games I think you should check it out!

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Pennance368

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:23 am

Tycho, muchas gracias for your help in this whole ugly matter.

Hi everyone, my name is C.J. "Pennancee368" Kershner, and I'm the team leader over at Sublimation Games, the group currently working on Grenade Basketball (GBB).

What's so unusual about it, Tycho? Two teams in a TFC environment playing a good old game of bball with an M26 frag grenade. Add in classes, vehicles, sportscasting, hopefully UTV support, loads of server option, adn we could be looking at the greatest thing since sliced bread (though maybe not as great as toasted sliced bread, if you're into that sort of thing).

We are, however, in desperate need of dedicated and talented team members, people adept in the areas of:

Mappers
Modelers (both character, weapon, and world mesh)
Animators
Skinners
Texture Artists
Coders
Musicians
SFX

Applicant's must be dedicated to finishing a quality mod and have a previous knowledge of the Unreal engine.

If you think you might like to work with us here at the Sub, please send an e-mail with your name, the position desired, and a sample of your work to pennance368@telefragged.com

Our website can be found at http://sublimation.telefragged.com

And if you've checked the site, you can see that we've had some rough times, taken our fair share of hard knocks, but always seem to have a good time.

A good time indeed is ahead.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:25 am

mod sounds sweet!

your "Current" News is a little old though..... Wink

Last edited by Raven on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:37 am

hey ty, i sort of lost one of the links in your news topic, its the one about blizzard, i found it on slashdot, but i don't know if thats the one you had.

Pennance368

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:30 am

Oh god, Raven, don't even mention the news on the site.

Yes, our "Current" news is currently something like two years old because Telefragged, wonderful and dedicated people that they are, have been... ah, ignoring us for that time. The site needs a complete overhaul, and I'm the the point now where I think I may just scrap the whole design and move it to somewhere else.

As for the mod sounding cool... =) I really wish, I'm tempted to just send out the design doc and let people have a field day with it, but if we can pull off everything we've got planned (which, admittedly is a tad ambitious), it will rock the socks off of quite a few other contenders.

Ah, hell, here's a nother snippet from our class info section:

The Basket Guard is a versatile class. The main point of the Guard is the Mobile Combat Suit, or MCS, which is detailed in the next section. The Guard class is responsible for manning the MCS, supporting the MCS (via ammo and repair), and disabling the enemy MCS.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:54 am

if you move to the server this site is on we get a discount! (i think you do too)

Pennance368

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:29 pm

Raven, my e-mail is pennance368@telefragged.com

Please send me more details. This project has flopped so many times before for so many different reasons, and I FEEL that UT2003 is the right one this time. I want to give what I believe is a fantastic mod to the community and I'll give anything to see that happen.

If you're up to the task of hosting us, we (meaning I) are definately interested.

Thankyou.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:03 pm

Pennance I am inquiring with my host about getting a deal on hosting for you. I will know more soon.

Very Happy

Raven I fixed it. Next time you post though grab the latest index.htm file. When you do it any other way it mess with font sizes.

enfestid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:08 pm

Me thinks you lost the whole point of the Blizzard situation. "Corporate bias" is not why they left. They left because Vivendi told them nothing of their situation. Not because they were biased towards any one group or person, or numerous groups or persons. They didn't leave for a lack of control in their videogames. They have complete control over them, I'm not sure where you got that idea. They just left because they were upset with the situation at Vivendi.

Maybe you're just the kind of person that hates large corporations (lots of people do), but you missed their point in leaving. And, no, it wasn't a good thing. Blizzard now will have a bad label stuck on them with four of their most important employees gone. It's good that they'll start a new studio, but it's bad for the industry when every person jumps the gun and starts their own studio.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:50 pm

No I got the point. Large corporations let them out of the loop and they were the ones bringing in the bacon for the large corporations. I have worked for one of the biggest in the world Amway/Quixtar. I know first hand what it was like to have great ideas never make it past the second chain of command.

We are coming up on a new economic revolution. Which means large corporations and Unions need to go the way of the dodo. Change is good and it is time to rethink our economic lives.

Smile

Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:57 pm

Quote:

Raven I fixed it. Next time you post though grab the latest index.htm file. When you do it any other way it mess with font sizes.

well i did, last night.... i knew i messed up when i read this post

screw up number 2 Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:02 pm

S'alright as we will be going to PHP next week sucka!
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:38 pm

Sweet! i can't screw that up, can i? Question

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:22 am

enfestid wrote:
...but it's bad for the industry when every person jumps the gun and starts their own studio.

*snickers*

John Romero...
-dp-
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:08 am

Maybe even I can put up the news myself then Smile

-dp-

View next topic
View previous topic