Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:32 am

EB Games screwed me by Pre-ordering the regular version and why the heck would I want to pre-order that!?!?!

Luckily I was able to find out that Best Buy was getting 20 copies in yesterday. I managed to get one of the employees in the media department to set one under the counter for me, against company policy (thanks!).

Got there grabbed my copy, they were sold out of the rest.

Found another store nearby had some in, but they weren't on the shelves (for whatever reason they wanted to keep them until the advertised date) and managed to get the store managers to work out a deal so I could get a second copy for my friend. One of the managers had also stashed one for himself, but gave it to another guy there looking to get a his own copy.

Went to the other store and got 2 copies from there. One for a friend and one just because they are so rare and someone on Ebay may want to buy it in a few days when all of the stores are sold out.

Got home and found message from EB Games that they now had a copy and they are holding it for me (Gee thanks for at least remembering that I was pissed and got poor customer service until I phoned a formal complaint to their corporate headquarters Smile )

So, I get one copy, give one to a friend and will still have 2 left over. Not bad considering I didn't think I was going to even get one copy just 2 days ago!!

I may be willing to part with one of the copies to someone on the forums if they just have to have one. I would still like to sell one on Ebay for huge profit just to get back some gas money!! (It's over an hour drive to these stores. Multiply that by three trips and we're talkingwell over 6 hours of driving.)

-Homer

P.S. been on the road so much haven't had time to load a DVD player and install the game!! tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:25 am

man.. im sory. you got 4 on acident. but i cant stand the people who get liek 3 copys and keep em for themself. whole of holland is hunkering for a SE. and 99% wont get one, and the 1% has to wait for weeks to get it.. and your swiming in them!! i had to buy a normal.. becoue a SE was imposible to get here.. you selfish americans got 40.000 SEs, whole europe got 20.000... tsssss!!! Mad

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:13 pm

I do feel sorry for the guys overseas. After all the trouble I went through to get mine I can't imagine how hard it will be over there.

I just got lucky that Best Buy was able to bend their rules this time. Props to Jesse and Keith and the other guys over there. You have made more than one gamer very happy.

It wasn't so much that I HAD to have the SE version so much as I felt really ripped off by EB because the guys there that night didn't do as much as I would have liked. Just let me borrow the phone book to call some other stores. No offer to see if they could get some more or anything.

I should have kept the phone book!! Wink

Anyway, maybe Ebay will have some copies in europe for not much money. I have already seen some being sold in GBP so I think they are over there.

View next topic
View previous topic