Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
black.out
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:33 am

Let me paint the scene. I'm playing UT2004, humming quietly to myself, when I happen to line up my crosshairs perfectly with an opponent (just pretend I'm capable of that, for the sake of discussion). I click at this instant with my Shock Rifle primary. My ping at that moment was 100 ms; so 100 ms after firing, I see the shock bolt appear. However, my opponent has moved a little in that 100 ms, so it looks like the bolt missed him (even though my crosshairs were right on him when I fired the weapon on my UT client).

Is UT correcting for this network latency automatically? In other words, did I still score my hit? Also, something that's been bugging me: does the minigun behave like a hitscan weapon or a projectile weapon (the animation really looks projectile-ish)?

My apologies if this has already been covered. I searched as best I could think to do.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:44 pm

its 100 ms.. you have to be aiming at his hair to miss him at that speed.
i mean lagg is always posible, but in insta gib sometimes you hit if you think you miss, and visa verca.
you might also just missed him.. i dont know.. but i wouldent say hes a cheater.

<Rachel> Razz

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:02 pm

cheaters? Shocked I was just trying to figure out the network engine...
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:41 pm

forgot to logg in.
i know, i dont know how it works, if someone told us.. well they would acualy tell us how to make such a good game.. but i might be wrong.

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic