Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:45 am

I'm trying to post a map here so everyone can check it out. It's not anywhere near complete, but I just want people to review it. I've never been good with forums, and attaching files to links, learning though.
So how do I attach my map to this site, or even attach it to my cheap website. http://www.geocities.com/enock_101/3DNocK.html So if anyone knows how, which I know most of you do, help would be GREAT!

srry I know, I'm way behind, LOL.

thanks enock>
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:09 am

make sure all your files are in a zip file (for compression and ease of downloading)

then create a link to your map on your site, (hyperlink) linking to that file

then upload the file and make sure the link works Smile (just click it)

hope that helps

Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:40 pm

Ok, I understand what you said so far, but one thing how do I get my map/files to my website? Some links that others use is just a blank web page, do you know how I could go about doing that? My so called website is the free one made through Yahoo. And it only allows me to have 4 links. I just need to know what steps are needed in getting maps/files there. Maybe even just linking people to my site then having the links to my maps/files. Say my map file is on my desktop, I link that file to my site?
I have tried this several times at 3dBuzz and it never worked, I know it's the operator. This is all basic things I should know, but I'm new to forums in a whole.

Thanks for your time ENocK.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:27 am

what you have to do is upload the file somewhere to a download server (use unreal playground, or e-mail it to me and i'll upload it to Factory Unreal) and then i'll give you the download link, all you have to do is create a link on your webpage that links to that file (which is the link i gave you....)

bascially all you have to do is paste that link on your site, and make sure it works Smile

Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:31 pm

Ok thanks Raven, that made a heck of alot more sense then anything, or anyone has said to me! Jezz, thats so basic thanks. I am currently trying to make a web-site now, I asked my Dad to help me out, he has one of his own and knows what he's doing. It's what I should have down in the first place is ask him for help me. We're both busy with work and time is needed to get together. Anyway it's just fun chatting with you all here and at 3d buzz.
Hey i got another question. First are you a member at 3dBuzz? The problem is that I had a member name, and a password, I wrote them both down on paper so I won't forget, and even if they were (CAPS) sensitive. The thing is I put 3dbuzz into my favs. and it worked fine every time. But once, I signed out and logged off and shut down the computer, which most ppl do. The next day I loaded it back up through favs, and I wasnt logged in, what I expected, so I typed in my member/password and it failed to retrieve my profile etc. I tried over and over member/password, but I was solid that I knew my member/password. This is really making me mad, cause it has happened before and I had to get another e-mail address now from Yahoo, was hotmail. This is cause' it won't let you create another with the same e-mail address. Have you ever had this problem, or know anyone that has, how do I fix it.
I would try to contact someone at 3dbuzz, but JEZZ I cant login?!

Thanks enock.

ps- I like your avatar, whats that from again? You an anime/japanimation fan?
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:03 pm

first off.. the easy answer Razz

my avitar is Rurouni Kenshin. from the "Samuri X" movies and yes it is a japanese Anime show, and i love japanese anime. mainly Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam (any of the versions) and .Hack\Sign

second off... ive never had that problem... so i dont know what to do...

my suggestion would be to go to the site (first remove all of your cookies) and try to sign in without using your favorites link...

if that doesnt work... i dunno what to tell ya

Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:09 am

I have never tried removing cookies, but I'll try to figure it out, that is probably the answer, I didnt know you could do that.
Yes since I was a freshmen in high school I have always been interested in japanese animation. "Their" techniques overcome american art. LOL, I have had long heated discusions with my artist friends over this. But I still stand strong on my belief. In college we learned about "The golden Ratio"
If you want to know all about it do a google search etc. It just makes the characters faces/design overall more proportionate. And is more pleasing to the eye. It found in humans and nature etc. That's why some ppl look more attractive then others. Anywho, some of my favs are Akira, NinjaScroll, Blood the last vampire, and the list goes on. Most of the classics fans have all seen. I haven't seen the ones your talking about. But my Best-Buy has a nice, big selection. I'll check'em out!

thanks.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 am

Smile
theres a 3 disk set out for Samuri X now...

and .Hack\Sign is only available as a comic book and episode DVD sets.

Gundam series has all kinds of episodes (theres about 5 Sub-Series that involve gundams, and everything) there are about 3-4 full length movies for them too...

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:04 pm

shouldent you use the PM function for this?
enock, raven, enock, raven, enock, raven.. keeps going on like this Confused
if i would do it I would be flamed Laughing no, realy.
but hey, im no mod, so who am i to say? dont listen to me.. Rolling Eyes

<Rachel> Razz
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:19 am

Ok, I have tried over & over and don't know how to. This is of course in concern to 3D Buzz forums. Also can I just cancel my free membership. I just need to get back in those forums, there are always over-flowing with ppl, and had some really good replies from ppl and links. I'm not saying these forums are bad, well there not to swell, LOL. Anyway, help would be nice, or something?!

thanks enock

p.s. not just Raven has to reply, LOL.
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:25 am

Well... not much I can do if you can't get to their forums. You need to contact them..

View next topic
View previous topic