Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
Dicky

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:30 pm

Hello

Ive played all the unreal games all the way through, so I like to think im a bit of vet. I have made simple DM levels with much death, however, I think its time I took it serious.

What I am looking for is some advice about building my level. Anything from where I should start, good tutorials, tips and any help you can offer in giving my level a bit of a profesional look.

Cheers

Dicky
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:58 pm

Ok well, if you want alot of help then you need to go out and buy Unreal Tournament 2004. The 2 disc version, it has VTMs, which are Video Tutorial Modules. Meaning you get step by step instructions on pretty much everything you will need to know on how to make maps etc. The VTMs have helped me and taught ALOT of new concepts for my level design. The thing I learned that helped me out when first starting a level is, drawing it out on paper, or using grid paper. I think of the finished product, will it be outdoor, floating in space, castle, forest, inside, inside with windows, and so on.

Here are some tutorials I found handy http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy/links.htm

thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:58 pm

I got the 2004 DVD 1 disk versions i cant find the VTMS, where can I get them from?

Dicky
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:52 pm

Yeah the VTMs are on the bonus disc, not sure if they are on what you have you. You can check the 2004 folder, might be in there somewhere?
But its totally worth going out and buying it, if you have a job, DO IT. It will help in the long run, plus all the other features and programs you get with it. Otherwise you'll have to DownLoad them, and there is alot of them. Some are up to 2 hrs long. But if you want heres a the place to DL them, registration is free, enjoy... http://www.3dbuzz.com/

thanks enock
ParanoiDinHELL
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:41 am

it's a long sit, but the VTM's are very usefull idd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:55 am

isnt idd dutch?> dont think they understand Very Happy
para, how did you get sigy so small?

<Rachel> Razz
sic1
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:14 am

Planning will definitely help. If you can plan out the map as much on paper first, it'll be a lot easier to work on in the editor. The layout and gameplay can be easily done on paper then refined later. Obviously, things like lighting/texturing will need to be done in the editor, unless you're handy with a pencil Wink

View next topic
View previous topic