Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:36 am

I'm having problems with my new design. The thing is I made a huge cylinder in the center for everyone to jump in, just for testing. The idea is that players are falling the entire time. What happens is when I fall for a certain amount of time, I am automatically killed??? I'm guessing if the fall is too big the engine just kills you? I will test some MORE, but I only have so much time between work etc. Also I need maybe some links to tutorials (text Tuts are fine) on how to mod weapons/projectiles! I just want for a player to be able to pick up the weapon. And the weapon it self can shoot faster so you are able to hit someone falling below you. Without this mod for the level it will not work. I could just use insta-gib, but that would be kinda boring. I like variety and more weapons always brings more flavor to the level. Angel Mapper I know your probably busy with a million other things and this might not be important to you, but I would be happy if you could lend a hand, thanks.

ENocK>>>

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:26 am

yeah, indeed.. if you fall for a long time you die i think...
you tried the link gun alt fire? maybe you can use something like that in the air Question

<Rachel> Razz
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:53 pm

Cheetah, yes some weapons work, link - alt fire, shock rifle, assualt rifle fire, but I really need all of them to work properly. I will set it aside for now and finish my other maps. I will probably work on it on and off, until I can figure out some ideas. Question though, I'm working on Gael 3 and its coming along how I want it. But for the longest time when I have made maps. I often use fog distance to help keep the level running smooth. However, when I zone different parts of the map, like Gael 3, where everything is more out in the open, I have a problem with fog. When I am inside a zone looking into another zone, I don't see the fog. As soon as I step out of the zone, BAM theres the fog. Now this is a problem with wide open arenas. I'm looking into some options, I remember putting the same fog distance in each zone, but still had the same results. Looking for a good answer, so if anyone knows, hit me up!

ENocK>>>
MozI
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:12 pm

weapon modding no idea I dont code... but I believe... 3dbuzz with their tutorials on 2k4 DvD and on thier site www.3dbuzz.com have a tutorial on weapon coding I think that can help you there....

for the falling part....not sure maybe some zones or actors. to mimic the effect of falling for a long time but in a sense you are not... but if build one big space and fall the player model gibs instantly upon hitting the bottom of the substracted space... what you may need is method to allow the player to kind "scroll" back to the top and believe that you are falling again but techincally you just are sent back to the top of the subtracted space and fall all the way back down to the actor then back up top and the cycle continues

mozidesign.com

View next topic
View previous topic