Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums
ZuBsPaCe
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi there!

I'm working on an AS map right now. Its in an early stage and there's still alot to do, but I'm already asking myself how to release it when its finally finished. atm I see 2 options: releasing it by posting on the atariforums or make it beeing included in a CBP. So here are just some questions concerning the second way:

1) What exactly are the requirements for a map to be released in the CBP and who decides what gets into the pack? Is eye-candy really that important?

2) Does a level-designer have to join the staff for their map to be released with a CBP?

3) What about beta-testing? Whats your overall plan to release a map bug and exploit free?

4) are there any rules a level-designer has to follow?

5) When's the deadline for the next CBP? How often do you release packs generally?

thx in advance,
ZuBsPaCe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:27 pm

If I were you, I wouldn't be worrying about how to release your map if it's still early on, instead focus on working on the map. If you've got your eyes focused on the finish line the entire way, then you may overlook or forget something crucial or important.

start showing your map around once you have a working beta that people can try. You can post screens or a beta download here (unrealops forums), or on the atari forums to get feedback.

There are currently no plans for another CBP, so I wouldn't worry about that. If there were plans though, I am sure Jay would contact you if he was digging your stuff and the team needed more maps.

I hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:02 pm

thx for you input, solidflux Very Happy

i guess your right. I should finish my map first. Shouldnt bother with releasing yet Rolling Eyes

Well, then. back to work. Cool

View next topic
View previous topic