Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:29 am

It would seem there is a problem with a lot of copies of EA Games Need For Speed: Underground 2. The first disk seems to install fine, up to approximately 52%, then it freezes on a file called "MOVIES\blank.vp6", which is on disk 2, but it never asks you for disk 2. No matter what you do the installer won't work.

Solution:

Install disk 1 as far as that file, then open the task manager. Go to the Auto-Run process, right click and "End Process Tree". Ok that. Insert disk 2. It is doubtful that it will auto-run, but stop it if it does. Then simply copy and paste the entire contents of the CD to the main directory *something like: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Underground 2"). When you have done that, unzip all the zip folders contents to the same location and create a shortcut for the "speed2.exe" you have just created. Done.

Hope this helps as it is now a widespread problem. I have had it muself and sorted it this way myself, so I know it works as I was playing it not 10 minures ago. (And yes, the demo ran fine on my rig.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:25 pm

NFSU2 is cool. tho i stoped palying it.. i dunno why.. i like tuning cars Very Happy but the racing just got boring, and it booted my PC on almost every drift race... so i couldent realy play anayway Evil or Very Mad

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic