Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Stinger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:16 pm

So i just reinstalled windows xp pro on my system :

athlon 2400+
ecs mobo
512 ddr 2100 ram
160 gb seagate hd

i installed windows updates in the order that they were suggested.....the internet worked fine getting all the updates and then the last windows updates were installed and now the internet wont work...

this same thing happened earlier which caused me to reinstall windows and the problem occurred again...

I dont know what the problem could be because the internet (cable) is new and i havent really used it yet....its just your basic cable internet with the ethernet cord going straight from the modem to the computer....i find it hard to believe that this is the source of the problem for another computer (latop) that i am usiung now is working on the same internet connection just fine...??

So it has to be something with the other computer.....but what?

I have tried flushing the dns as well as releaseing and renewing ip addresses in the command prompt.....I really have no clue what is happening here....

also with all the computers i try on the same cable internet i constantly get the limited or no connectivity error when i try connecting to the internet.....i then have to unplug the modem and plug it back in...

but thats not the main problem i need to get the other desktop online but i dont have a clue why it wont work....as i said i just reinstalled windows so no other programs are installed.....just the drivers for the motherboard and components and then the windows updates and now the internet wont work?...

any ideas? thanks a lot
Burgessisnogoodattech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:41 pm

Maybe disable service pack 2 firewall

Also, make sure to not use any other firewall (zonealarm, ect) when using sp 2's firewall.

Good luck!

View next topic
View previous topic