Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:31 am

As the eventual release of Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict grows closer more and more information is released. IGN posted two UC2 articles this week. They hold the spotlight over Raiden and announce a new participant in the Championship.

The first IGN preview I will cover details how Raiden became a part of UC2 and what we can expect out of him.

Quote:
And Raiden's got some new and some old in UC2. He packs a pair of double Enforcer pistols and an Energy Staff just for the Liandri Corporation's UC2 events, and he has a few special moves based on his charged lightning attacks in the MK games as well.

Epic/Midway are using some the same Mortal Kombat game files for Raiden and the same voice actor. So, the transition should be flawless. The announcement of one hit finishing moves, fatalities, certainly spices up the Championship. One thing is for sure, my interest has peaked.

The second IGN UC2 article continues to announce the contestants of UC2 and providing a small bio along with a movie clip. Raptor a Liandri mining robot turned cyber warrior is the 5th announced contestant.

Quote:
Race: Liandri
Construction Place (i.e. Birthplace): Merkady Production Facility 11
Default Weapons: Rivet Guns, Nakhti Swords
Adrenaline: Cannibalize, Nimble, Self-destruct, Speed, Sentinel

Biography: Raptor was originally designed for heavy mining and factory work. In response for an ever-increasing hunger for bloodshed, these robots were re-fitted with combat equipment and put into the areas. Raptor's primary task is to please crowds by eliminating deathmatch opponents in the most spectacularly bloody manner possible. However, his radar array makes him an even more valuable ally in capture the flag matches.

Raptor is certainly a triumph in design. In every Unreal game Epic seems to improve their Liandri robot's design. UC2 looks like no exception.

Finally, Worthplaying posted some nice screenshots of Unreal Championship 2 this week. As always the screenshots accompany a well written preview. The Nakhti Scorpion pistols look sharp in these screenshots.

All in all Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict looks like the strongest Midway title to be released in ages. I know I can’t wait to get my hands on one of the those Xbox Live demos.

Raiden: The Unreal Champ
Unreal Championship 2: The Contestants Pt. 5
Unreal Championship 2: The Lindri Conflict' (Xbox) - Screens

View next topic
View previous topic