Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:18 pm

An early hello to everyone. Hope your weekend went well. I was lucky enough to get Friday AND Sunday off this week. Doesn't happen all the often when you are on RM. I had a chance to catch two cool movies this weekend. First up is a perfect first date movie called Hitch. Will Smith is now has two good back-to-back movies after the flops of MIB 2 and Wild Wild West. The second one I saw was Alien vs. Predator on DVD. This movie I tried not to have any expectations about the movie so I wouldn't be disappointed. It wasn't too bad, not as good as the first ones but not a disaster like P2.

Speaking of quality visuals, I ran across this very Dali and Escheresqe flash illusion. To navigate it click the middle of the screen to zoom in and the outer parts to zoom out. Someone was definitely on some nice drugs to come up with this one.
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:23 pm

Watch out for Spoilers!

Aww the differences among people. Predator 2 is my favorite of the series. Yes, I like Arnold but for some reason I preferred the Predator stalking in urban areas rather than the jungle. Plus, the whole setup for AvP was in P2's conclusion. Now on to AvP.

I really like the Alien and Predator games. I love all the movies and enjoyed Paul Anderson's movies such as Event Horizon and Resident Evil. So, I came into AvP pumped. Basically, I wanted Aliens the movie (space marines and aliens) with some Predators. What I got was a little disappointing at the time. 3 Predators
(2 of which died way too fast), wussy human scientists, and some pretty tough aliens. I sure didn't want the Preditors and humans becoming friendly.

I guess I just wanted massive battles instead of skirmishes. I plan on checking it out again. Hopefully, my bias will have subsided and I will enjoy the film more. For gods sakes I have enjoyed way worse quality movies such as Freddy Vs Jason. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Forget the movie, have you played the game? The first PC Aliens vs Predator is ludicrously scary (and good Razz), the only thing I've played that approaches it is Space Hulk VOTBA in the middle of the night at high volume.

Vertigo@ftuc.net - Email
ig_lordvertigo@hotmail.com - MSN messenger

View next topic
View previous topic