Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:51 pm

ivangraphics has been hard at work on his Unreal Tournament 2004 modification Hollow Moon. He has updated HM with a nice new Heads Up Display (HUD). (see below)

[align=center:1dc742e62e]
[/align:1dc742e62e]
And don't be shocked by the lack of color. HM is a black and white modification. In addition to the HUD; a run and walk mod has been added, armor, and the ability to push objects have been added. Even the enemy artificial intelligence has been tweaked:
Quote:

and just watch up for the enemies, if you got spotted at least for a second to them, they will do anything to find you even if it means walking a huge circle till they get you, they do not like getting closer and shoot from the first moment they see you Smile - pretty vicious guys

One feature of HM has sparked my interest. Hollow Moon will no longer have any sound effects. The only audio will be very bizarre music. ivan hopes that the lack of audio and the black and white look will help immerse the player:

Quote:
depressed people should not play this mod for to long Wink Well i think it's very lonely and unpleasant on the moon and that is what i try to let the player feel

Very very cool! For more information stop on by the official Hollow Moon forums. And if you are experienced in Unreal Engine model/character creation give ivangraphics some much needed help.
Retodon8
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:21 pm

"And don't be shocked by the lack of color." sounds like "It's just my screen capture programme that's broken, there's nothing wrong with the actual mod".

Then you say:
"HM is a black and white modification.", which sounds like what most probably expected after seeing the screenshot, so if they're shocked, they were actually right.
I've been reading about this mod before, so I wasn't shocked. Smile
Also I don't think it's "wrong".

The B&W idea isn't bad (for some reason actually original in the sense that nobody dared to try it yet, though I'm sure people thought of it before), but no sounds?
That is new for me, and that does sound very... interesting.
Once I have to play without sound for some reason, I realise I rely upon sound a lot more than I originally assumed I did.

Looking forward to see what this mod turns into.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:10 pm

No sound but do music - mute cinema was sort of inspiration but just think you walk in an enironment cannot hear anything and well, theres monster slowly getting behind you Smile not jumping or anything, you will see steam coming out of you and you get pushed so its not that you wont know your being killed but watch out, they do not glow, you dont see them in the dark accept maybe glowing eye [projector] ... Smile

View next topic
View previous topic