Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:01 pm

Well last week saw some interesting things. First was the usually late last snow which usually comes in the middle of April not during the last part. The other is a very, very well done Star Wars Fan Film called Revelations. This one was created by not one, two or even ten fans. This was a labor of love for the SWU with other 100 people contributing to it. The whole movie, save for some of the acting, is of near-professional quality. The official poster even looks good.

[align=center:1dc742e62e][/align:1dc742e62e]
I recommend watching the WMV version if you have Media Player 10 and 5.1 sound.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:28 am

if only i could download it.....

then i might actually watch it Wink

anyone got a download link?

ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:34 pm

Both downloads download part of the movie [mov or wmv] it looks like they uploaded part of the movie :S

The effects are impressive, allthough the ships need to have more considirations to phisiques - the shots could be more considered, i mean like its not only about effects you know - they did same mistake as the official new episodes - concentrated on effects while abandoning the story , the mood and the acting entierly....

Lot of repeating [copying] from old movies - i meanits bad because you automatically compare it to the old movie and ofcourse - it fails Smile, the parts that unique to them are usualy better ones Smile

The main charecters - most importaint about charetcers - people must find simpathy in them - and i mean even if its a bad character or good or other it does not metter, you must get in some relations with them, that way you will feel emerged in the story and will follow any kind of plot. but if this fails nothing will make it work, so here, i don't think i like this charecter that acts like she is having her "bad" days Wink like annoyed all the time - she cannot be jedi - she is not wise enaugh to work in an office Smile. and the bad girl to, she is annoying - i loved the guy that looks like one of the singers from ABBA Very Happy he made me wanna see more Wink

Still the work they put into it and the quality considering the abilities - nice work, appreciated Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:59 am

I found the effects great, but the acting/story/direction was not that good.. But it sure looked great for a fanbased movie..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:46 am

The girl in the upper left corner of the movie poster is my friend's cousin! I kid you not.

For a fan made movie, I think it is pretty damn good.

- //SGT.SKINNER\\
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:19 pm

And i am your father Wink [Just kidding hehe]...

Nice movie, if i could make it work to the end - both versions do not download beyound the end and i can see only half movie Sad

View next topic
View previous topic