Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:06 pm

Why does everything in life have a catch? Well in this case it is a good catch. Starting as of 6:00pm today the 6th of May in the year 2005, Unreal Ops is going on a temporary hiatus. Why you say? Well unfortunately most of my staff is busy with Real Life right now and unable to contribute on a regular basis. That has put an extra strain on me having to pick up the slack and work a 50+ hour work week at BWW's.

Fortunately, this time of year is pretty slow in the gaming industry and that is one of the reasons I picked now to do it. I did a lot of trimming of the fat on the site, so all of the older articles work so people can access them when needed. I have bittersweet feelings about taking some time off, as this is my pride and joy but I have been doing it for about 4 years now almost every week faithfully and it gets draining sometimes. I need to recharge my creative batteries and also experience a little bit more of that thing out there called the Real World.

However, as with everything here I can't do it the normal way. Sooo I have some good news for everyone. In a week or two we will be getting some copies of Pariah from Digital Extremes. When that happens I will have some sort of contest or drawing to get some lucky fans some cool things. So check back in a week or two to see when it starts. As always many, many thanks for taking the time to stop by and spend time at our little corner of the Unreal Universe.

Until the near future. Peace!

Tycho
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:24 pm

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:41 pm

Don't worry Kharn the staff and myself will frequent the forums from time to time!

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Anon51

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:13 pm

"Fortunately, this time of year is pretty slow in the gaming industry"

Er.... ok?!!

o_O

Have a good break at least.... don't forget about E3 and other such events nearby!

Smile
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:16 pm

No, I meant post E3 things die down fast for the summer. If something major, major is said at E3 I will definitely have to post about it. I did hear from Meridith from DE who confirmed some fan copies will arrive soon.

Anon51

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:39 am

DE? Are you gonna post your thoughts on the game? The reviews i've seen haven't been that encouraging..... Sad
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:50 pm

I just got the game yesterday and I will be putting a review together. I will probably still do articles (less of a time constraint) while on hiatus.

MozI
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:12 pm

well the hiatus is sad news...

plz do let us know whats up for the fan copies!
nothing to hard though Razz

mozidesign.com
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:50 pm

No problem. It looks as though different PR people (DE,AA) are going to keep me busy so it will be more reviews and such over the next month. So much for a full hiatus. Smile

View next topic
View previous topic