Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Hollow Moon
seraphic8x
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:21 am

I think that helmet breathing noises could be used to great dramatic effect to complement the musical score, if you wizards could figure out how to generate them dynamically (faster and more frenzied for sprinting, and maybe during battle too). I understand that you have no SFX in an airless environment, but I really think that breathing noises would add to the claustrophobia.

Just my two cents! Great work Hollow Mooners!
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:58 pm

TNX yes if you see other treads Wink youll see - we head toward indsuit sounds, and no sfx only in vacuum zones and music. and oposite in air zones - no music yes sfx Smile

about dinamic part - true thats how it was planned- thought coders where not happy to hear that Very Happy same as savegame hehe.

[read the "voice of the ppl" tread = i wrote more about this....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:22 pm

Breathing noises would own - would add to the atmosphere even more Smile

The guys over at Red Orchestra have some pretty good breathing noises implemented - you breathe faster when you sprint, when you stop you start breathing slower, etc. Maybe ask them how they accomplished that?

-ig
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Yeah thats the plan - well its work of coding so Wink i need the coder to do that Razz

View next topic
View previous topic