Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Hollow Moon
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:47 pm

Well guys post here some bugs - note that the huge bugs are known to us, but if there is a bug that you think might be missed till the next version comes out - report it here, and try as simple as posible and no 3000x2000 resolution screenshots Wink

If its posible, do not post wishes or just stuff you didnt like - only bugs Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:10 pm

Any list of the known bugs ?
Here i go

- When you stand very close to a door in 3 parts, and open it, the first part doesn't go down because you were under its border. Then, you are able to walk through the barrier. More a graphic glitch than a real bug, though.
- First time i spawned, i had no weapons and no health packs. Second time i died befor the end (my fault). Third time no weapon near the body in the entrance, but there were health packs. Last time was the good one.
- In the big room where you encounter the strong humanoids, one of these humanoids had gone behind a pipe and was kinda "sliding" until i shot at him.
- Ennemies that detect you sometimes start shooting befor aiming. So they shoot, turn at 180° (still shooting) and finally fire at you. Just weird, it doesn't alter gameplay that much.
- In the last room, the one with the rotating movers, i was able to fall in the pit without dying. I had to double jump to catch the lower mover and die.
- And, i just didn't found the end of the level. After that room, i go down the ladder, and don't know how to open the last door. Maybe that's juste me ;p

That's all for the bugs. I heard you were to suppress the double jump ability. Get rid of the dodge movements, too (dodge, wall dodge, dodge jump etc...). It just doesn't suit the gameplay. Maybe reduce gravity a little bit to balance Smile

Hope it was clear Smile
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:02 am

No gravity will be the only thing that i need to be normal even thought your on the moon.

The bug report is great - 99% of stuff is known and being considered- it allso included with the README of the game Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:02 pm

The gravity could be lowered to .8 or .9 Just to make the physics feel different, without really altering gameplay.

What was the 1% of unknown stuff ? :p

And the bug (i think it's one) after the ventilator room was not in the readme. I was able to go down the ladder.

Hope this helps.
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:56 am

yep

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:40 am

btw adrenaline combos still work Wink

i killed the enemies, and then i heard "adrenaline full" (granted i did spawn a few enemies for sport...) and i tried all the combos... they all worked Very Happy

ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:45 pm

I never had any combo sounds - could it be you spowned some things into the game? - summon etc...?

hehe they dont work for me even on fresh install. Smile

There is a bug i can report i found - i set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 and got holes up and down the screen - the helmet glass does not reach the adges hehe :0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:49 pm

i did use the allammo cheat because i couldent get any ammo from the dead bodies... Wink

that probably did it Very Happy

ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:51 pm

OFcourse allammo did this Very Happy

but you gotto read the "about" page on HM website to know that the wall powersockers give you as meny ammo as you need, but not more then 48 units Wink but it does not drain out Very Happy

Im not responsible for you cheating people Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:52 pm

lol

sry i figured there woulda been a "get ammo here" thing on the wall Very Happy

Angel_Mapper
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:01 pm

Subclass Object >> CheatManager and override all the functions in there to empty them out. Or you can just get rid of the things you don't use like the Adrenaline in the AllAmmo cheat:

AwardAdrenaline( 999 );

Then set it in your PlayerController class:

CheatClass=class'MyPackage.MyCheatManager'

I do this for Tamearia to keep dem cheatin' bastiges out. Wink

[EDIT] Oh my bad, just looked through my code, I just set CheatClass to None and got it over with. Wink

Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:01 pm

Tnx - this goes to my coder right awat, thought he said he emailed you Very Happy i hope you treat him well Wink hehe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:49 am

Firstly, I have to say this is a great demo (2.0)! I was suprised by how freaky it was - my cat made a noise and I jumped!

A few bugs:
1) Once I killed a dude and he disappeared completely! Only happened once in two plays tho.
2) When I changed the Audio settings from "3D Audio" to "H/W + EAX", UT crashed and launched SpeechRedist for some reason... it worked ok on that setting when I ran it again tho (I use EAX normally).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:25 am

THANKS hehe im glad its that scary Smile and funny that nothing jumps on you ingame Wink its so dipressing that my dad was crying to me "please stop that music it sounds like im living my last moments" hehe...

Now the bugs are known thoguht i was sure i fixed it in demo 2 but still thanks, the guys disupear for simple reason - they use ut bots code so when they die in some situations they supposed to generate body parts falling apart and the main mesh disupears so it looks like you blowed up the guy - but i wanted to remove that options so the body parts where removed but the main mesh still disupears Very Happy, its stupid, my coder fixed it it happens less often but now you uncovered that it still happens hehe, well we will see what to do with it Smile

also the sound isue is wierd i guess thats cose the sound is removed somehow by code so it did error :S, mainly i dont suggest to edit sound options since there are no sounds Wink but its writen in my list Smile

remember that whole mod is like an experiment, the visual and mood part is achived now the gameplay need experimenting - but no coder and engine is limited... so meanwhile its prety quiet... but the stuff waits for its chance Smile

View next topic
View previous topic