Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:41 pm

This just in from Dragon Rage. A federal appeals court has decided on a major ruling in the world of video games. While I personally think games like Vice City are a waste of time, I do agree that any game should be made any way. Hence it is part of our First Amendment rights.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:00 am

Tycho wrote:
This just in from Dragon Rage. A federal appeals court has decided on a major ruling in the world of video games. While I personally think games like Vice City are a waste of time, I do agree that any game should be made any way. Hence it is part of our First Amendment rights.

I agree with you on both accounts. I don't really see the point in Vice City.....but at the same time it should be allowed to be made. I just have a problem when I see 10 year olds buying the game with their parents oblivious to its content.

I find it scary some of the people who I have seen play the game and get shear joy out of camping in a park, and with a sniper rifle start capping off innocent bystanders. At least in games like UT you are fighting other armed soldiers who have chosen to take part in the combat.

I also don't see the need for the presence of prostitution as a source of health or being in the game at all.

flame away......... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:03 am

Hey, if it feeds peoples fantasy's and allows them to do it in a safe environment instead of doing it in the real world, I'm all for it....

My fiancee is a GTA addict, and sure, I find some satisfaction in getting in a game and blowing away the innocents (especially when I can invision them with my professors heads Wink ), but hey, if it keeps it off the streets and safely tucked away in the home, I don't really care what you do.

I'm glad the games are allowed to be made, cause otherwise this ruling could have spread into more sever things for all communities.

Living close to Washington State, it'll be interesting to see how this affects their latest ruleing. As I'm moving even closer (and prolly working in that state), it'll hit really close to home, really soon.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:45 pm

after Gone in 60 seconds teenagers stealing cars increased hugely in the US... not anywhere else in the world. what does that tell you? fcol you ban your kids to be naked after 2 yrs old or sum and the legal gaurdian can be arrested for that or some big fine... that is just fucked up and for gods sakes is it so hard for you to settle things without some people who got nice jobs with alot of respect for doing absolutely nothing to the community (alwyers)?

aaah US flaming (and much more but I'm holding back) Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:59 am

were not all bad though.

cant think of any reason why right now but were not.

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:46 pm

hehe well you are the biggest country in the world and the plan around Iraq seems to be working (but what do I know what hides behind the curtains)...

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:44 pm

Lalli-Oni wrote:
hehe well you are the biggest country in the world and the plan around Iraq seems to be working (but what do I know what hides behind the curtains)...

Actually, russia and canada are bigger, quite a few countries are bigger, just not military wise (though, if you meant that, accepted)

And heck, most the people I know don't really care about this whole "iraq" thing, or anything like it..... we go about our miserable little lives, getting whatever knowledge we can, and just trying to make by.

I've lived in several countries around the world, and I can't really say one of em was better than any other.... every country has some dirt you could sling at it, and something to out-weight that dirt. All a matter of perspective.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:55 pm

well I meant economically and millitary just large in most things... I've been to your place and well not thrilled sorry dudes I know this might be some bad things I'm saying about your country but I'm no patriot... I think we should have one country called... EARTH!!!!! ok here is some competition 'How many things would laying down countries solve?'

View next topic
View previous topic