Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Halo 2
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:05 am

With all of the news and rumors going around about Halo 1.5 I decided to drop Randy Pitchford a line to see if the Gearbox Team helped with it at all.  He let me know that they didn't work on it at all.  So it looks as though this puppy is being done in-house.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:36 pm

So is this rumor true or not?
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:43 pm

Still looking into it. I am getting mixed signals. So I know SOMETHING is up. Just not exactly sure what yet.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:08 pm

lol good luck Wink
Narcogen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:05 am

Guys, this rumor is so old it has whiskers, and it's been denied by official Bungie community reps (you remember them.. the guys who made Halo? Not Gearbox, that only made the Windows port, and not some unnamed "Xbox Live rep" which probably means "tech support monkey". In other words, somebody who would actually know.

The official denial of the Halo 1.5 rumor is in the Bungie Rumor Control Database, which you can see here:

http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=2496

Have fun.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:54 pm

Thanks for the link but if there is one thing I know in this wacky world of working with PR people (Mark Rein, Matt Frary) that ANYTHING is possible. Halo Ops's stance is that it is a rumor but you never know what may happen. If I had the contacts in the Halo Universe like I do the Unreal Universe I would have a solid answer as to why people (including those at Microsoft) still say there is a new version of Halo. I do appreciate you taking the time to stop by our site.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic