Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:00 pm

Well some non-profit points are valid. Sometimes I don't think the fans truly realize how much time and money go into running a successful site. I mean the only income for UO is fan donations. This year we worked out a hosting deal but if we don't generate an account or two for Sprynex we will be back to square one.

I mean we only raised $275 this time and that is the lowest donation drive we have had. However with the discounted hosting from Sprynex we will use all of the leftover money for prizes. Its funny because people forget that shipping stuff all of the world isn't cheap. Unreal Ops has had more contests than any other Unreal news site and that is directly because of the fans. I couldn't afford to do it by myself. So like it or not fans have to realize that one or two non-intrusive ads or donations have to be given.

I am grateful for every single cent I got from them and I think I have spent it wisely. We have a kick ass host, new design and new forums. We even will have just enough to pay for all 6 prizes from the contests. So I understand both sides of the ads equation.

Fortunately for us Epic is making a killing on the Unreal Engine so they will be around for a while. That way we can see another good Unreal project someday. Wink

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic