Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:50 pm

Sorry for running a little late on this IRC update but I am trying to finish up some things before we move to PHP later this week. To get everyone caught up to speed on the Make Something Unreal Contest IRC chat I say this. Not a whole lot was discussed that I felt were really good questions. Pezman from Atari didn't really do a very good job getting relevant questions to the Devs. However the Devs were very cool in answering some questions and here is a couple of items some of you may want to know about.

When asked about when the contest is going to start here was the reply from Mark Rein of Epic, "I'm hoping we'll be able to judge phase 1 within two weeks but, again, we won't know for sure." They also said that all of the taxes that would be accrued would have to be paid by the winner. Lalli-Oni is working on a condensed version of the IRC chat for everyone.
The only UT2004 information that was interesting was a comment by the father of Unreal, Tim Sweeney, "We'll invite (people to come to) UT2004 from everyone (UT1 community, UT2003 community, others). But keep in mind that UT2004 is an extension of UT2004 with lots of new maps and game types, but the play of the existing maps and game types isn't going to change in any fundamental ways. Not THIS year anyway. Smile" Looks like they are planning to stick with the original concept of constant updates to the UT Series of games. Good news indeed.

Last thing I want to touch on today is that Gamer's Hell managed to snag a couple of cool Deus Ex 2 movies. I am currently downloading the trailer as well as the new Tron 2.0 Multiplayer Demo. I will let everyone know if it is good or not. Have a good afternoon!

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic