Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
airhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:35 pm

hi,
when i select the actor i want and i right click on where i want to put it (as you do) and click on "Place <actor> here" , it either doesnt place it at all or it ends up floating way above the surface i want it to. it does this with every map i try to make and its very irritating. its only just started happening, any solutions?
S-Dot
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:14 pm

Check your grid setting on the bottom of your editor. Maybe it is set to a very high amount like 128. If yes set it back to 4 or 1.

What about a complete rebuild?

Lights should be placeable everywhere. Can you place them?

Every actor has a collission radius and some actors have a really huge collission radius. So if you try to place one of them somewhere it doesn't fit it will not appear. You could place it somewhere with a lot of space and move it to the desired spot.

Also check if you have FSAA set in your gfx-card settings.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:09 pm

airhead wrote:
hi,
when i select the actor i want and i right click on where i want to put it (as you do) and click on "Place <actor> here" , it either doesnt place it at all or it ends up floating way above the surface i want it to. it does this with every map i try to make and its very irritating. its only just started happening, any solutions?

it's really hard to just right click on any surface and it appears exactly where you want it... Ued doesn't support mind reading v2.0 yet. I recommend you just fix the possitioning even if it looks like it's on the right place or not. the thing about them not appearing is quite frequent. I'm not sure what was the answer to that problem again Rolling Eyes but I think it was just to switch from like Front view back to the 3d view or well... I'm not sure but I think that the actors were placed but they didn't show up.

hope this helps you sum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:15 am

I've found that sometimes (most times) when I try that I'm usually in the perspective window and have ot go out to the top and side view in order to place it exactly where I wanted it. Usually the actor is at least within the perspective window, even if it's not exactly where i want it.

View next topic
View previous topic