Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:02 am

Greetings everyone! This is my first post and of course I screwed up but if it's any comfort then I feel horrible about it Sad well let us get down to business. I say, what lovely weather we are having here in Iceland. Feel free to come visit anytime to the country of gaming and of course... POLKA!

Red Orchestra has given there release date at November the 16th and Troopers are trying to release there demo on the 14th of july (the same day as Uskaarj will be released).

No Mercy is a mod based on a world where big corporations rule the world and this is the fight between them. The gametypes will be Team DM, CTF and objectives. When more players are close to each other they will get some boosts therefore increasing the need for teamplay. Superweapons that need 2 players to shoot. Defence shield that can form a bubble around some small team. There will be a round system and you can buy guns in the middle of the round. I found Ganjaman and I thought the name was pretty familiar and it turns out he was a skinner for Tactical Ops (a big mod for UT that even went retail). I got a small interview with Ganjaman (the leading skinner from Tactical Ops) about No Mercy a TC mod for UT2k3 can be found here.
Lalli-Oni: How did you get the idea for this mod?
Ganjaman: I got the idea because I seem to miss something in other games, I always try to play the team based games but still it doesn't feel like it, people running around alone and not paying attention to the other teammates, they really don't care if you'r there or not, this bugs me:) That's why I tried to come up with an idea that would need the other players in order to be stronger and this is working with the powersuit/battery idea. Players will have Powersuits with a battery level that will increase when your close enough to another teammember, when this battery level increase's the power of your weapon will increase, when your close to 2 members it will increase more this goes on to 4 team members and by than your battery level is at his max. This means when your alone its most likely you die soon, and when you die you have to wait for the next round:) We even have this working, no bugs found at the moment.

Lalli-Oni: What makes your mod different from other mods?
Ganjaman: The thing is there are so many realistic/tactical mods out there that I wanted to so something else, that's why I picked the year 2225, I have more freedom this way, it's not that we want to go for the UT style weapons like green lasers, we still want to give the pubic realistic looking weapons to play with, the only difference is these weapons wont be found in any other mod:)
And the last thing is that I have something that many might be very excited about (at least I am) but I cannot tell you exactly what this is for I made a promise (yeah some reporters are honest Wink. I have no idea when they allow me to publish it but you might want to check this page more often Wink

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
EnisDonKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:36 am

\o/ Troopers \o/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:51 am

Quote:
Greetings everyone! This is my first post and of course I screwed up but if it's any comfort then I feel horrible about it well let us get down to business. I say, what lovely weather we are having here in Iceland. Feel free to come visit anytime to the country of gaming and of course... POLKA

don't feel too bad, i screwed up twice!

Lazy Burgess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:27 am

No Mercy looks freakin cool! I will make sure to download that puppy as soon as it is released.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:38 pm

Tycho wrote:

And the last thing is that I have something that many might be very excited about (at least I am) but I cannot tell you exactly what this is for I made a promise (yeah some reporters are honest Wink. I have no idea when they allow me to publish it but you might want to check this page more often Wink

Wow this wins the prize for most cryptic statement of the day! Almost as cryptic as that whole "Lincoln will be pleased" thing that is costing me sleep at night! (Yes I have attention defecit disorder, and you are so not allowed to taunt me with secrets cuz I will obsess over them, trying to find out what they are) Dammit now Im freakin curious again! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:40 pm

Dammit, see my insane curiosity prevented me from realizing that I wasn't signed in....yeah the above post is mine.... Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:51 pm

aah it's so hard to login Very Happy but it's really me Wink thx Raven... so anyone wanna dance polka?
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:53 pm

Lalli wrote:
aah it's so hard to login Very Happy but it's really me Wink thx Raven... so anyone wanna dance polka?

Hey, I'm up for it. I'll bring you some Canadian Beer and some Maple Syrup or something stereotypically Candadian like that Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:08 pm

Lalli wrote:

would if i could but i can't so i wont.
translation: don't know how to Polka

TheSquirrelKing wrote:
Hey, I'm up for it. I'll bring you some Canadian Beer and some Maple Syrup or something stereotypically Candadian like that

what about Canadian Bacon.... Wink

[RO]Seanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:26 pm

On the post you mentioned Red Orchestra was releasing NOV 16. This is incorrect. We will be releasing before phase 2 of the "Make Something Unreal" contest, around the end of August.

Seanboy
[Red Orchestra:Lead Mapper]
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:55 pm

Fixed.

Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Lalli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:01 pm

ooh ok sorry... Necro said this date, thx and gambatte! (work hard in japanese)

Raven: it's ok I'll teach you Wink

Squirrel: humm I've went to Canada and I have no stereotype for Canada... beer? maple syrup? wouldnt be my first guesses... something the geniuses from the south thought of? Wink
[RO]Seanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:56 pm

Tycho wrote:
Fixed.

Smile

Thanks for quick response ! Very Happy
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:35 pm

[quote="Lalli"]
Raven: it's ok I'll teach you Wink
quote]

Smile
maby we should do a news post for all those who wanna learn polka. :p
jk

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:28 pm

make a tuturoial like AngelMapper Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic