Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:06 am

After seeming that the graphics card company would cease making it's chips, it appears nVidia is making some strong statements with it's latest public news release stating that has been branded the recommended card for Doom 3. Very very interesting... could this mean that Doom 3 will sport an OpenGL primary engine? This wouldn't be to far out of the question, and signs typically point that nVidia cards are better at rendering using that pipeline. But then again, only time will tell. Definitely a good read though for us nVidia fanboys out there.
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:14 am

Peoii wrote:
Very very interesting... could this mean that Doom 3 will sport an OpenGL primary engine?

It does. id Software has always pushed for OpenGL as a standard, and yes, Doom III does use a newer version of OpenGL. A very nice version of it, in fact.

DM_killer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:39 am

I down loaded teh Doom 3 Alpha, and played it on my ATI 9800 Pro and man it, it screams along in extreme detail. I sticking with ATI.... Laughing
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:39 am

Just don't rename the exe to dune3.exe or you'll get horrible performance!!!

j/k Wink

I imagine it will look just fine on an ATI card as well. Although since they only concentrate on the graphics, and not implementing any fun in the game what-so-ever, I'm not sure if it will find it's way into my small collection of games... Confused
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:57 am

can anyone explain to me whats openGL is exactly?
in some games you can chose forf direct 3D and openGL. but i never knew what the diff was and just chose direct3D.
is that good? and what is openGL diff to direct3D.
thanks

<Rachel> Razz
DDDooGGG
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:47 pm

Interesting that id have now gone to nVidia, since they originally started developing the game for the ATI card, as it supported more technologies that id wanted to implement in the game.

DDDooGGG.
http://unrealtournament2004.com.au

View next topic
View previous topic