Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
Zash
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:24 pm

... make a UT'04 map similar to the vehicledemo map in '03.
a map with all the vehicles and som bigassjumps and stuff.
how cool woud'nt that bee?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:08 am

I had some other ideas that i wanted to try out, but a friend of mine ran through the terrain tutes and is all geeked to build terrain. Maybe I could get him to set up something like that. Should be pretty easy and I had thought about doing that same thing myself. Maybe I'll get around to doing that myself when I get to that part of the tutes. I found that skipping ahead makes the learning harder. need to do them in order mostly.

I wondered if a loop-dee-loop could be built..... Long ramp down to build speed, then woosh! right around the loop..... heh heh.. That would be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:01 pm

yeah.. a loop.. how king could that be... and a REALY BIG JUMP

wonder if it is possible to do some kind of catapult?...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:24 pm

My friend just happened to stop by today to pick up a DVD:SE for his boss (Which I sold to him for like twice what I paid.... Gotta love capitalism!)

I mentioned that stunt level and he sounded very intrigued. maybe soon he will mess around with it. if you have the editor, then check out 3DBuzz online and see if you can download the tutorials on Terrain.... maybe you could do the level yourself?

Since we both work it might take a few days at least to get anything done at all.

-Homer

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:22 am

Homercidal wrote:
I had some other ideas that i wanted to try out, but a friend of mine ran through the terrain tutes and is all geeked to build terrain. Maybe I could get him to set up something like that. Should be pretty easy and I had thought about doing that same thing myself. Maybe I'll get around to doing that myself when I get to that part of the tutes. I found that skipping ahead makes the learning harder. need to do them in order mostly.

I wondered if a loop-dee-loop could be built..... Long ramp down to build speed, then woosh! right around the loop..... heh heh.. That would be cool.

doubt that the karma engine is that good... but who knows, try it out then?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:28 pm

i'm interested in what could be done with a "catapult" like jump pad for the vehicles.... currently the jump pads have no effect on the vehicles... i wonder how much work it would take to get it to work on them......

there would be your catapult Smile

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:00 pm

there was a map on tribes 2 that had bouncy water (the water was like a trampoline)... I wish I could remember the map, but it's been too long ago..

one of my favorite things to do on that map was to see how far I could take the mobile point base across the water without it breaking
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:03 pm

Raven wrote:
i'm interested in what could be done with a "catapult" like jump pad for the vehicles.... currently the jump pads have no effect on the vehicles... i wonder how much work it would take to get it to work on them......

there would be your catapult Smile

well I think it wouldn't be hard... just having it affect the vehicle like it does with players... should be simple enough. maybe it could even be done just in UEd itself

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:00 am

dont think a loop is posible, and i think everyone has thought of those sort of maps. i sure did. but im not 1337 enough to build some.. i got great ideas, but now skils for making em, so if anyone who is gonna make the maps need ideas, just ask me.

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:52 am

It would not be difficult to build a loop level and try it. Unfotunately I'm not at that stage in the tutorials and don't want to get side-tracked by doing it right away. Maybe if I get a chance this weekend I could try it.

I can't think of any reason it won't work. The vehicles can get a fair amount of speed on a steep drop and they flip, so I would think that you just combine the two and have a loop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:31 am

Cheetah wrote:
dont think a loop is posible, and i think everyone has thought of those sort of maps. i sure did. but im not 1337 enough to build some.. i got great ideas, but now skils for making em, so if anyone who is gonna make the maps need ideas, just ask me.

if you are gonna make one I recommend you write it down on paper (or Paint is always nice). when I started making maps all my ideas just... dissapeared

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:06 am

ok, wanna place a bet? dont know what to bet for tho.. but im prety sure it wont do the loop, not proper atleast that is. you might get trough it.. but mor elike upside down and smashed to pieces Razz not nice and steady on his wheels.

<Rachel> Razz
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:09 am

The concept of the Loop might be possible, never tried it. UT isn't really a racing game. The trickest part is making the vehicle almost stick to the ring/loop. I don't know if velocity will force it to stay put. Maybe a volume that is tweeked just right might work. This concept would be great to have completed. Everyone would want to know how, just to have it. Is this going to be put in a demolition type map. Pits, speed tubes and anti-gravity areas of the map might be fun also. Another thing about the jump-pad concept. Like in some racing games, acceleration arrows like in old-school RC ProAM. They wouldn't really make the vehicle jump, but more or less thrust it along???

thnks enock
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:34 pm

maybe.. i dont know.
ps, iv driven in water with a vehicle, and its like driving on land, so if you where wondering.

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:38 pm

Wow, this is an old thread... I never got around to building the loop thing, but now I'm curious again. The physics are so good in UT that I'm confident that a loop would be possible if the speed were sufficient.

A terrain map would not be necessary either. Just build a loop out of construction material. Might need to make a long, steep ramp to build velocity.

Hmmmmm.......

I was thinking that a catapult would be neat, but the vehicles would likely blow up on impact. They seem to take a bit of damage. Maybe have to get a cheat to make the vehicles indestructible.

View next topic
View previous topic