Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:35 am

Before we get into today's news I want to make sure everyone has checked out all of the Unreal Ops Exclusive content we have had this week.  First up we had -dp-'s Fatal Arts Interview then there was Lalli-Oni's first ever interview which was with the Organized Crime team.  Now let's get into a subject some of you have been asking about ...Unreal 2 XMP What is it?  Well XMP stands for eXpanded MultiPlayer mode.  Here is what the old Unreal 2 has to say about it (thanks BU).In the new expanded multiplayer game, player teams will fight for control of planet surfaces and alien artifacts using nanotechnology replicators to build ever more sophisticated weapons such as automated gun turrets, force fields, sensors, recon and repair robots, and more. Players will choose o­ne of three player classes at the beginning of play - class selection establishes a balance of speed, special abilities, armor, and firepower. All races, abilities, weapons, equipment, and tactics will have precedents in the single player game - but the expanded multiplayer experience brings everything together at the same time.This was o­ne of the things that was left out that I thought would have separated this game from the rest of the pack.  I had even brought this up with the team back at the Unreal 2 Media Day last November.  It is good to see that they are indeed finishing it. I will definitely keep everyone informed with details as them come along
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:59 am

Nice, this gives ya a real good idea of what we can start to expect from the new addon. Definately looking more and more forward to this one now.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Lazy Burgess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:00 am

Is there an ETA? I am really excited about this addition. This may be a sleeper hit that we all will be playing for sometime, at least I hope.
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:51 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Its about time!...or it will be when this comes out..... But yeah Multiplayer with that flamethrower, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:28 pm

OMG i never thought of that!
it'll be awesome! Shocked

View next topic
View previous topic