Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:03 am

I had a chance to use the new Thermaltake Silent 420w Power Supply for the last 2 weeks.  What the heck does a PSU have to do with games?  Well a lot actually.  Head o­n over to the review and see what unfolds.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:58 am

I own and run on the 360Watt version of this power supply, and I've gotta say, it's DAMN impressive! I've never had any issues with it, and it's working just fine in my case (though, I'm considering getting an aluminum case soon, so we'll see how it does in there when I get everything up and running), still and all though, it's a great power supply. And for someone who just recently also went thru having quite a few pieces of his computer fry from a bad PSU, this was definately a worthy investment.

Highly recommended to any and all!

Great review Tycho.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
EnisDonKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:08 am

nice and detailed review !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:14 pm

But is it silent?

My PC sounds like an Industrial Airconditioner and so I'm looking for bits to quiet it down.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:06 pm

the review said this:

Quote:
Okay after it is installed and the cables tucked away it looks rather cool. The only thing I am wondering about is how much noise having an extra fan will make. I had originally taken a video of the view/sound of the old PSU to compare it with the new one but it didn't turn out as I had hoped. After firing up the new PSU I turned off the stereo and closed the window. Low and behold it was indeed a little quieter than the older one. Mind you it wasn't a LOT quieter but add in the fact it had one more fan it was pretty impressive. Now let's move onto the temps..

so it probably is quieter than your existing PS

View next topic
View previous topic