Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
mad dog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:23 pm

Mad why is it like a free for all,where is all the tactical plays.lets see a bit more team work
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:13 pm

Join a clan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:11 am

Laughing okay bud,
how do you join a clan
.p.s like the name
(CB4)SponGe
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:32 am

SirYawnalot wrote:
Join a clan.

Listen to this man
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:21 am

Cheers you two Smile.

Just join a server, look for someone with a clantag on their name (eg. =A51= before the rest of their name, or something like that), then try to impress them with your madskillz- but don't be too cocky either, and be polite. Try and get talking to them, but don't be too creepy (Razz), then ask if you could join their clan. Don't be too upset if they say no, some clans are extremely selective, and others are just full up.

A properly trained clan is the best example of tactics any game can offer, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for more depth in their games.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:23 am

i know a clan searching for members.
my friend founded it.
www.uth2kclan.tk i think

<Rachel> Razz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:39 pm

just like to say thank for the adivce. This online gaming is all new to me but was looking for more of a indepth game.so cheers for the advice..ps what is the best headset for the game, Laughing Laughing
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:50 pm

logitech one, the one that comes with UT2004 SE.
i got it for atleast a year now, and it rOx0r5!

<Rachel> Razz
(CB4)SponGe
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:12 pm

BTW find out if your prospective clan has a sever of their own, if so become a regular on there show the members you can be a team player and most importantly done ever act like a dick, it just wont get you far. I suppose this isn't the only way to get into a clan but it seems to be one of the more effective ways.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:34 pm

yeah, play on their server alot, so they know you, and visa versa.
and dont go being a jerk to them is a nice advise to yeah Razz

<Rachel> Razz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:58 pm

head-set looks cool. it thew next thing on the list. As for messin with someones game thats not my idea of fun. Im in it to enjoy the game. I e-mailed the link for 2k. i will see if they get back to my- fingers crossed.

will post if im in luck

cheers
Dougie
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:58 am

No offense to Cheetah (I'm a firm believer in "to each his own"), but I think that headset is marginal at best for sound quality. It's def. loud enough and clear, but there's way too much treble for my tastes. Makes my ears bleed!

I have not tried them with voice yet, was going to last gaming party, but since we were all basically sitting around one table, didn't make sense to use headset!

I do like the mute switch and the inline volume dial though, and they are fairly comfortable to wear. I guess you could do worse, but I prefer to wear my regular $30 Radio Shack phones for sound. Maybe I could wear both, radio shack for headphones and Logitech for mic?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:44 pm

well, for sound get some high qual big headphones.
i dont even know what treble is, i got 130 € speakers, has a treble button on it.. no clue what it does Very Happy

<Rachel> Razz
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:08 pm

Homercidal wrote:
No offense to Cheetah (I'm a firm believer in "to each his own"), but I think that headset is marginal at best for sound quality. It's def. loud enough and clear, but there's way too much treble for my tastes. Makes my ears bleed!

I have not tried them with voice yet, was going to last gaming party, but since we were all basically sitting around one table, didn't make sense to use headset!

I do like the mute switch and the inline volume dial though, and they are fairly comfortable to wear. I guess you could do worse, but I prefer to wear my regular $30 Radio Shack phones for sound. Maybe I could wear both, radio shack for headphones and Logitech for mic?

you know... you can manually adjust the treble and bass for those headphones.... open up your sound properties then under advanced (button below master volume slider) you can set it. i had the same problem with it being too "metallic" so i turned it down a little and now i'm happy Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:13 pm

I think its radio shack for me. im on the shoe string budget this month.

regarding the link for the clan I e-mailed the link for uth2kclan to see if they were looking for a member, but when i submit to join it goes back to the start...same with the e-mail.so will keep trying.

View next topic
View previous topic