Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
maray344
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:54 am

Can anyone figure out the proper set-up to hookup the headset , so that you hear the actual person's voice through the headset. I have tried different settings, can somebody send me a link and describe to me the right way to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:33 am

heres what you do, take the black cable plug, says headphone, plug it in the headphone socket in your PC or soiund card or speakers.
done.

<Rachel> Razz
LeGoLaS_NL
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:07 pm

lol it isnt that simple...
you gotta figure out wich it is
i have 3 holes with headset and another 3 holes with mike above it in my computer
and maybe you need to do some setting like with the computer should use
i had the problem with my mike: it tried to use the default mike below the screen and that 1 never worked (:S) so after changes a shit load of settings it fenily worked Smile
just put the plugs in some holes and look in yous setting then you MUST get out Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:24 am

WOW! Normally the Green hole is for speakers. THis may or may not be the headset also, but it is for mine. Next to that on the left is the Mic, on the right is the Line In.

Also I have three more for surround sound,, common on most modern boards, but for some people they must go into the BIOS settings and make the Mic and Line In holes become surround.

So, if you have the surround enabled in your BIOS, then the MIC won't work

Best thing is to get the MOBO manual out and look it up. Or get online and download the manual.

Or you can try each hole, then go into BIOS and change the Audio connector settings (might need to dig a bit) and then try again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:59 pm

Homercidal wrote:
WOW! Normally the Green hole is for speakers. THis may or may not be the headset also, but it is for mine. Next to that on the left is the Mic, on the right is the Line In.

Also I have three more for surround sound,, common on most modern boards, but for some people they must go into the BIOS settings and make the Mic and Line In holes become surround.

So, if you have the surround enabled in your BIOS, then the MIC won't work

Best thing is to get the MOBO manual out and look it up. Or get online and download the manual.

Or you can try each hole, then go into BIOS and change the Audio connector settings (might need to dig a bit) and then try again.

i did the last 1 SmileSmileSmile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Hey guys, I can see that you people are real inteligent, but the headset worked from day 1. I was trying to speak in my own voice while in the game, so you boy wonders might have to think a little bit more for this one.
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:31 pm

Well... voice over IP support is a server side setting, so it really depends on the server. Are you trying to do it in a local game or on the net?

You're intelligent by the looks of it (cynics typically aren't dimwits) so I don't think I need to tell you to hold on 'F' to speak.

View next topic
View previous topic