Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums
[Roz]
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:08 pm

Ok so you guys are pure geniuses. Those are the most impressive, beautiful, artistic, original maps I have ever seen. You must be tired to hear this but I can only rest when I share this to you, CBP2 team.

Every single one of map makers, music composers, sound editors, mutator programers, modelers and skiners are obviously very good at what they do.

DM-Skorbut blew the hell out of me the moment it loaded. It's by far the most unreal map I have ever seen and the music just rocks with it. I almost cried when I turned back and saw the buildings just elevate to the comet wild space. An excelente map. DM-Summit and it's DOM counterpart were spectacular also. The eclipse detail in the DOM version is just delicious while the morining ambient the DM map has is just perfect.

ONS-Argento is the only map that can make me blind. Very good map and it makes us feel we are really in the desert. DM-Khrono is the most original of them all and one of the best in construcion. It's atention to detail is astounding. I also loved CTF-Deep cause it's so damn well done with those little tubes and air bubbles.

DM-Gazpacho is lovely with it's gray and dense surroundings and DM-Reconstruct was the map that left me really impresed because of those bridge nanobot thingies. It's a genius touch that I've never seen before.

ONS-Valarna is just amazing. It's huge green valleys rock when flying with the Raptor. Also loved DM-Masurao with it's very good theme.

Anyway I really can't talk much more cause I'd stay here forever with the other maps.

Seriously. You guys did it. You created the perfect pack for uT...

Kudos for all of you artists behind the magic of Unreal and please continue the amazing and hard work and present us with more and more art that is Unreal making.

Thank you,
Roz
SpoonDog
Insane Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:57 pm

... and it's always worth all the hard work when we get comments like these Smile
Desperado#2
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:59 am

Yep same as SpoonDog said Smile

Thanks Very Happy

Btw that effect in argento is an effect you guys might see more in the future with light blooming etc etc etc... So I did something that was a hack of something that will be real and normal to see later on in other engines. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:52 am

I played a few maps from this pack, and I'm thoroghly impressed with the quaility and playability of these maps. The level of detail is just astonishing. ONS-Valarna is just excellent. I just finished a game on that map.

I cant comment specifically on the music as I have it disabled.

*thumbs up* Very Happy
noz
Loyal Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:30 am

These comments are really appreciated, thank you Smile.
Ed Duke-Cox
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:34 am

Somebody DOES love us! =)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:59 pm

Right,...i love this mappack.

Just one map, i tell not which, i dont like. But otherwise the others maps are GREAT. Very Happy

I just would say this, coz great work benefit great congrulatoins.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:41 pm

I've been spending WAY too much time in the INA forums. Based on this thread title, I assumed it would be a flame! LOL!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:07 pm

I couldn't agree more. Thanks to all the mappers, modders, artists of graphics, sound and music for this outstanding package that displays the whole beauty of today's computer games (besides the excellent playability and balancing).
Devilshotrod

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:12 pm

Wow, I can't believe these maps! They are UNREAL. It's maps like these that really take me to another world when I play... you can feel the love that went into making them and damn are they fun to play!! Great job to all who helped make these maps and characters(love gothgirl!!!), and invent even more stuff like spider steroids! These are easily the best maps that I like to play, and only hope there will be more in the future because this game is just so fun and is as close as a game comes to nirvana with maps like these.
They are so unique and made so well - great use of resources and wonderful sense of architecture and strategic placement of stuff, bleh, I just can't tell you how good these maps are. Seriously, you guys and gals are so awesome for taking YOUR time to give US an even more rewarding time of gameplay, thank you thank you thank you.
DHR
MozI
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:03 pm

Getting mad kudos for all the hard work is great...

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the map pack

mozidesign.com

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:45 pm

May I dare to ask how certain effects, especially "overbright lighting" in certain maps, was realized without the use of any shaders? As far as I know, UT2004 still doesn't use any shaders at all... opposite to games like "Far Cry" - and that's exactly what turns them into performance hogs. That's exactly why I think the Unreal engine still is the best engine around - it looks just great AND still runs smooth on lower spec hardware. Very Happy
Sundae

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:04 pm

Just wanna add "THANK YOU!!!!" for the awesome maps. I hope people appreciate the work you put in. These maps are fantastic, and they add sooo much to the game. Smile

THANKS CPB2 TEAM! Smile

~S

View next topic
View previous topic