Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
enfestid
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:40 pm

I remember a interview a while back (before Devastation was released, I believe) with a level designer who was hired by Digitalo to work on some Devastation maps and was a mapper from the Unreal Tournament 2KX community. Anyways, in the interview there was a screenshot of a future map that looked like a city skyline for Unreal Tournament 2003 -- it was a ton of buildings in an urban enviornment and had a gold-ish tint to it.

...I can't seem to find the interview. Was the map ever released? It looked amazing. I wish I still had the screenshot of it, but I had to format my PC a while back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:14 pm

No one remembers the interview? It was with a member of the Devastation team and there was a screenshot of a map for UT2K3 that looked like a skyline -- there can't be too many of those Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:52 pm

I couldn't find it myself... sorry. Sad

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:43 pm

The closest thing I could even find was the Devastation Review Tycho did here
enfestid
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:52 pm

Alrighty, thanks anyways, guys Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:30 pm

You mean AngelHeart?

Here is a reprint from January 2002:

A small change of plans to end this week's news. I had originally planned to showcase a great interview with the Path To Victory team by our own -dp-. Due to the overwhelming response to the map and our showcase of it, I am doing a follow up. Even Epic's CliffyB had to chime in on this map.

"Look, this map is cool as hell. I'm serious. I loved it. That said, I think for a game like UT it is unplayable. Give me a CS style game with 64 players and then, maybe, it'll be fun. Until then, I can't consider it for 0wnage. Still, great stuff - everyone should check it out!"

Now before we get any further I want to clear a few misconceptions up. First of all this map really isn't meant to be played but as more of a piece of UT2003 art. With that in mind I shot a few questions off to AngelHeart and here is what we talked about.

How long did it take you to complete this map?
I've been going to do this map since I first bought Unreal when it first came out. I've actually been working on it on and off, in UT and now UT2K3 for over a year. But as I had to totally re build it in UT2K then I suppose it has been about 4 months.

What other work have you done?
Well I've been Mapping since Unreal days and all my UT maps can been seen seen here. Because they are high poly and in some cases done for Infiltration Mod, there's a whole section of the UT community that never touched them. I spent the last half of my UT life putting my stuff up at Real Maps. Where there are a lot of reviews . Sorry I don't have my own web site up and running right now. I am re-doing it for the new engine and hope to have it up soon.

Have any developers seen your work?
I had my 15 mins of fame a year back when I did some mapping for Digitalo, on their up and coming Unreal Tech based FPS called Devastation. I guess 2019 is to some extent influenced by that experience. But I am not working on any professional projects or anything at the moment.

What kind of feedback have you received on this map?
As for feedback I'm always amazed at how little I get. I noticed that the DL count on Beyond Unreal at the moment stands at around 1,900, and to date I have had about 6 mails. I guess I have to assume that the others didn't think much of it Smile but its always been that way. People always say 'I bet you get a lot of emails!' That unfortunately isn't very true. Feedback is the food of mappers, and positive feedback is definitely the fuel of future mappers and maps.

He was also cool enough to share with us a sneak peek of his new DM map. For those of you already asking in your head, yes the map is being made to play. Lets take a look.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:34 pm

hey ne of u know how to edit or create cars? it a pain in the @$$
monkeywaffle800

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:05 pm

i have it, but only if someone EVER TELLS ME HOW TO EDIT A FU*KIN CAR! i losing my head wit that question... tell me and i'll give u ur lil review

View next topic
View previous topic