Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:49 am

What can I say about this game but wow!  Worth Playing has managed to snag a new in-game video of the Docks area of Half Life 2.  Some of you may disagree with me o­n this but HL2 and STALKER are starting to look way better than Doom 3.  Don't get me wrong D3 looks pretty damn cool but in a cartoony kind of way.
JaFO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:42 am

D3 is trying too hard to limit itself in terms of (possible) options.

There's the engine that seems to be all about creating nice looking shadows with a few lights ...

There's the storyline that's pretty much identical to D1 or at least a 'creative' rewrite ...

There's the lenght which AFAIK even Id-software have admitted won't be very long ...

In short it has all the shortcomings of the previous Quake-series engine-demos *eh* games.

Stalker could(!) be the next Morrowind ... at least based on their descriptions. I for one that of all 3 games Stalker will prove to be the one that's the best.
Unfortunately both HL2 & D3 have a fair share of fanboys that are going to buy the game no matter how crap it turns out to be (and then whine how it's not good enough and how they 'promised' so much more and ... oh well anyone who's seen the average fanboys' comments about UT'03 or Unreal2 will get what I mean)
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:00 pm

humm I haven't seen STALKER but fcol have you seen the HL2 videos? like the alien thing? the camera? the animated terrain? the gravity gun?

View next topic
View previous topic