Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mapping
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:20 am

I have an idea for a new map. Luckly no one has thought of it or no one takes it. I wasn't sure if I should give this idea out or not, but here it goes. Pretty much a DM map where the players are falling the entire time. Now there are some extra things I have in mind that I'm not going to give out, but I was wondering one thing. Say you start out at the top, say in a big cylinder and you start to fall, now some weapons might shoot faster than gravity so you can hit someone that is below you. But shooting up at someone wouldn't be something to worry about, just that you can't see what's below you. Which might be nice, say because of some pipes etc, that you have to dodge. Another thing is I'm a total noob when it comes to scripting or making weapon mods etc. I have the VTMs, but not sure where to begin with making weapons shoot faster. That's pretty much all I need to know, is where to change the number of the velocity of projectiles??? If anyone can help me make this map a reality I would love to know, mean while I will be searching the net trying to find some kind of help.

Thanks ENocK>>>

Smile
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:32 am

hey, thats a nice idea, did you try insta gib? maybe that works.
the pipes are nice to Razz very leathal Twisted Evil
i think you musk ask rachel (angerl mapper) if you want to script the weapons so they shoot faster or whatever, maybe more agility in the air. and maybe even jumping in the air..
but maybe other mappers here know to.. i sure dont..

<Rachel> Razz
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:33 pm

Ok, I can ask Angel Mapper. Yeah the map will be lethal. Alot of the Unreal maps are not so Unreal. Don't get me wrong the pro maps are great designs and original. In some spots I was going to have some volumes to slow you down. I have alot of ideas for it, just don't want to give to many out right now, I'm almost finished with my Egyptain-Tech level, but I don't have a name for it yet, I have about 5 I'm choosing from, but I always want the name to give away what the level is about. Also I'm about half way done with Gael 3, its quite different than 2, but I think ppl will like it. I am working on getting a new computer still, I have bills, etc. to pay, and its taking forever. But once I buy it, I will get cable then sending maps to ppl won't take so long. I sent some maps to friends via Yahoo, and it didn't take that long, I was surprised.

Thanks ENocK>>>
CraftyBarnardo
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:21 pm

I am new to UT as well, but I know in HL mapping that the map has a max height limit. UT's is probably much higher since you have flying vehicles in the onslaught mode, but I am sure it would have a height limit. So, you would need some type of teleporting entity at the "bottom" of that limit to teleport them to the top of another cylinder to continue the fall.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:25 am

Oh yeah I totally have that in mind, also another thing is that I want to put in speed tubes that curve, left, right, and back up again. I need to do this because of zoning and just the fact that looking down a huge ass tube would slow down game play. I also plan to have weapons, health, wildcard bases setup in the air. This will force the player to move around and collect items. But the plan I have for the top, the begining where everyone will start is still a secret. It's not a totally raw idea, but it will force players to jump into the start of the tube. A weapon will also be available to each player when they start. I am still mapping out alot of the ideas on paper. Planning out volumes points to slow players down, and goofing around with measurements. I post almost everyday so keep them coming!

Thanks ENocK>>>

Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:37 am

hey, i got an idea. make a teleport on the bottom, and as soon as someone teleports it closes for 3 secs, so either make sure you fall fast, and be there first, or be there 3 secs after the first one. else youl splash on the ground.. that makes it force players to use the speed and slow down volumes.

<Rachel> Razz
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:17 pm

have you ever played DM-Big_Ass_Fall for UT99?

this idea reminds me soo much of that.

it was the same idea of a long fall with weapon bases. but it had water in the bottom that you fell into and then got into the close combat stuff...

i'll see if i still have that map.

Enock
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:17 pm

Raven never played that one, I was hoping there was not one like it, I didn't have to many maps downloaded from the net when I had '99. Thanks for letting me know though. Nice idea Cheetah, although I never made a teleport close for a certain time period?? I was thinking about having multiple teleports so if you do miss one, you can always grab the next. Say ya' have 3 teleports the 1st one closes at around 1.5 seconds, and so on, becoming closed longer. I have definitley thought of an ending with a huge fan that sucks you in and spits you into a pit with spikes, etc. Although I have a demo map with a straight speed tube, I have never made one. Not sure how to make a curved speed tube leading back upward. I think I would need 3-4 volumes to kinda lead you around the bend. Each with different velocities on each. I will play around with it, I started the top of the level last night, I was anxious to begin. Damn now I have 3 maps I'm working on. DOH!

ENocK>>>

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:25 pm

Quote:
Ever fancied Freefall Parachuting? Do You like Unreal Tournament? Heres the compremise, Falling and killing with only a big pool of water to break your fall, and Every weapon possible in the game (Other than the Enhanced Shock Rifle) to pick up on the way 16 Players 9 Weapons 3/4 of the level to drop down

quote from unrealplayground...;

it isnt Big_Ass_fall like i thought it was Freefall.

heres the link to the file:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?mapid=946
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:27 pm

bah that was me...

new format... i hate regaining my Firefox settings...

i actually created a variant of that map a bit ago... but i never finnished it.

i created a "gravity volume" at the bottom of the pit and then had jump pads going back up along with a spiral staircase leading up the inside of the tube leading to hidden ledges and weapons. it made for some interesting botmatches... you never knew where you were getting shot at from...

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:32 pm

how about, at the end, you make it do a 180 degree turn (the tube) and you get ejected qith a nice speed of 200 KM/ph into the air. you go up.. and back down Twisted Evil
you can still shoot in the air, or yes, maybe land in a water pit, or make it a small water pit, so you have to "Fly" good to not fall down to hard Razz

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic