Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mods
kineticdeath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:40 pm

Hello Forum this is my first posting here. You who frequent the major UT2k3 forums will no doubt see this posting show up there as well (I plan on posting it everywhere I can).

This is call for modelers, mappers, coders, and anyone else who think they can help. I WANT TO BUILD THE BEST MATRIX BASED MULTIPLAYER MOD FOR UT2K3, BUT I NEED YOUR HELP.

Here is my vision:

1. 2 Teams:
The Unplugged and Agents. Duh!
Three Game types:
Type 1: TDM
Type 2: Capture the Key Maker
Type 3: Objective

2. One player per server can be certain key characters (ie one Neo per server). What happens to those who log on as Neo with a server that already has a Neo you may ask? They are converted instantly to an Agent.

3. Weapons have unlimited ammo, but all need to reload. Agent Smith: "You're empty!".

4. Though all players can use any weapon, characters spawn with only particular weapons. When a player dies he drops ALL his weapons. I will enumerate who gets what:

Neo: (Undecided at this time).

Morpheus: Samuari Blade and full-auto Glock with 32-round magazine.

Trinity: The gun she sticks in Persephones face.

Twins: Straight Razor and the gun they use to shoot up the Caddy.

Agents: Any agent spawns with a Desert Eagle.

More special characters to come...

All players: Punch and kick.

5. Key players have special abilities.

Neo: Crouch jump allows him to fly. While standing still Neo is invulnerable to bullets.

Twins: Can go into and out of special ghost mode. While standing still, they phase into ghost mode while being shot at (thus, are invulnerable as well).

Agent Smith: Can turn any other player into an Agent Smith.

All players can do the apoc matrix mod accrobats.

6. Bullet Time will be incorporated but not controlable. It will occur and end randomly while covering varing lengths of time much like the original monkeymatrix mod.

I know that there are other Matrix based mods in the works (http://planetunreal.com/maxedout/ ), but i think that you can see my idea is decidedly different. At the time of this writing I personally do not have the u-script skills (atleast not for a project of this magnitude) do even begin. But i do have web skills (PHP, Flash, etc...) to build and maintain a site for this project and i will donate the space for it (seeing as I am co-pres of http://v2wd.com aka Version2 Web Development). I will also look into setting up a paypal donation account for those of you who may not have the skills but would like to see this become a reality. I pledge that all proceeds will go to those who actively contribute to the completion of this project. Feel free to contact me at matrixut2k3@hotmail.com, a special account I set up for those interested in this idea.

Thanks to any and all who read this over.

I'm not counting on any response but will gladly take criticism, ideas, thoughts, and feelings about this project seriously. Thanks in advance to any who decide to volunteer.
Plumb_Drumb
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:49 am

You know what man?
You have posted this in over half the forums here, and at least two over at Atari. There are probably more I don't know about

When you delete all but one for each BBS I might actually read it, but as it is, you are just annoying me.

Thanks.
Angel_Mapper
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:37 pm

Dammit didn't I already shoot you down three times at Atari? Evil or Very Mad

UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:40 pm

Maxed Out already are doing it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:17 am

when dreams come true

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:16 pm

I love this idea but sorry can't help.

View next topic
View previous topic