Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Hollow Moon
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:03 pm

Just wanted to let you know that allthought the horible dificulties im having with reallife, and the crazy ammount of projects i have, i still keep this modd working and even found, well he found me - an additional coder to fill the place or to be more exact, take over of quite some part of the code from Demaestro from UETF Chronicles - he leaves the town from time to time so we have deleys from time to time. But we will split the work -process in most effective way Smile

This new guy is super intusiastic and has plenty of time to work on it lol Very Happy and he provided very good detailed feedback on gameplay and code level Smile

So you can welcome Luke Wenke Smile [i gotto tell him to check this place out Very Happy]

Ok now he already got the latest code i just received from Kee-Won hong [demaestro], and redirected it to Luke so plenty of cool stuff is heading toward us.

Allso we might be fetured on a DVD of a certain game mag. i wont tell which yet cose im still wating for final response Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:05 am

just reporting that the beta2 will soon released, none of the future betas will feature new maps since i dont have time, they will just be improved by the code and all.

The glass is being implemented and the other bugs fixed mostly. We will make it by the next week i hope Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:16 pm

Good news, i expirienced this once when you don't axpect some new mod or game to come out and then next day its out? - it happened with xmp, like no news no nothing untill BAM! and its out, and for free Very Happy i was much more exited then when some expected games came out hehe..

So.... Hollow Moon DEMO is to be out today. i have uploaded it to File Planet and courently uploading to my webpage but this one is only for file hosting sites so they wont need to wait for file planet Smile

So up till tomorow it will be out.

Some info:

This release is a complete demo - it has most of the comunity reported bugs, and some of our own bugs fixed. Well its not 100% bug free but the obvius stuff is fixed.

Theres still same ammount of media 1 map, 1 gun, 2 pickups and 2 enemies, but the game now is quite challanging. I mean comparing to the beta1 its quite challanging.

Theres allso finaly a splashscreen and whole new menu, accept the yellow text color remained- we couldn't resolve this cuase its hidden somewhere in the code.

Another thing is that its only 37.2 mb Very Happy i did it SFX RAR file - self extract

Heheh the beta1 was like 55mb :ooo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:52 am

Ok the demo is out on file planet

check out planetnreal.com/ivangraphics/hollowmoon for details

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:52 am

i'll put this up on tomorrows news Smile

keep up the good work!

ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:18 pm

Weee Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:48 pm

MAC users asked for ziped version and it was uploaded same day, but i got reports on errors on extraction - it might be cose i compressed it with winrar Smile

this time i did regular winxp packing the way i did with the beta1, and i reuploaded it, and if you had trouble downloading the zip file, it was because of me uploading newer one [sorry] try now it should work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:47 am

Don't take this as annoncment of a next version but there is new code work done all the time and the player speed is already moddified, its slower and makes impression that the environment is the size it suposed to be in reallife, you make smaller steps and it feels better

allso the jump has lower gravity even thought you jump to the same height, it is much better now.

the aliens do not glow, they allso have no ambient glow so they are very well present in the level now, not detached from it like the ut2k4 oryginal players. it is harder to spot them now so its allso good, but you can see where the fiering comes from. and its a good idea to make night vision system now, but we didnt add it to the list yet.

ill keep this list of changes contenued here....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:58 am

Just wanted to tell that we are still working very well on the cool stuff for the game and we will be providing some media soon not the mod itself thought,

now for another good news

Today was my first day at the Academical Technological Institute. on Industrial Design faculty Very Happy hehe was only 4 hours but it was quite some fun hehe we had cool activities sort of design related but allso more like fun abit.
Well i sound so exited since i've been at home/work for like 3 years and now its like "here we go again" hehe.
ivangraphics
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:22 pm

Ok the next version plan is simple, it is our objective and we are going with it very nicely. We plan to release more advanced version of the mod it is not a demo since its more progressive but it is demo since its still a part of the mod. Now some people may get annoyd even that they love brainfood, they will think that its annoying to get the mod in peaces and replay it every time with larger version. SO i give you an explenation:

Even thought the demo was official and polished and all, it was not the full concept and before going into the full mod scale, i first have to bring the code, the way the game plays and looks to the stage where i say - "oh yeah, this is defenitly what i planned" then i will go into adding content withought messing to much with the basic stuff. I dont want the first demo to represent the game since it gives wrong impression about it.

So what the next version has and will have:
-added first actual level which connects to the idea in the ontroduction movie.
-driveble vehicle
-pushable objects
-new different hud
-walk run modes with limit
-nicer bob Smile

will have:
-new player and enemy models
-items - wont tell much about it, just some stuff to play with
-indoor vehicles
-[not final] additional contenue level [makes it 3 in total].
-more custom gui [not finaly desided]
well many other plans but they are optional.

I hope to put as much as posible into this version in order to make it a checkpoint and move to the full content production which will finally start giving you off the fun and the moods, many many moods and concepts i have in mind which are just crazy Very Happy, and ofcourse the plot.
But thats after the first objective Smile [actualy its already third one heh]
stay tuned...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:20 pm

Website anyone ..... or leave one in your sig so people like me can find it
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:00 pm

http://www.planetunreal.com/ivangraphics/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:15 pm

Hey, thanks for the backup Smile

Mainly the site is the same +/hollowmoon but the news mostly flow trough the one you showed. but HM site is more official for new versions and stuff Smile so if there's new releas and some time passed, it will not be visible on my site [only in the attention box] but will be on the hm site allways...

Unfortunatly there is no new version since the 3rd coder who made lot of great work, allso sort of turned off. so i'm in search for coder again but also in a 3d artist, but im in deley [sort of hollydays] untill some clearance will turn out.

I have lot of progress since the last version so i wanna show stuff but need lot of other stuff to be done before to make very good demo releas [demo2] with vehicles and new creature designs and some real plot elements and 2 more levels.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Sorry it sounds so quiet but only now we got some movement, the courent coder might bring litle more updates which hopefully will close this stage of the work, i mean it will be somehow finalized for now. For the concept - the game will be withought sfx Smile it will play only nice dipressing music but no actual inlevel sound or any sound which will require from you to be extra carefull Wink. Mainly the reson for it is again, moodish mood Very Happy but there's also other reason for the lack of sound and color - the whole idea is that it's sort of chronicle, you sort of watch - play an archives of some events, like learning trought the character of what happened back there, about 500 years ego [50 years in the future from now], what he found on the moon that changed the world now [more then 500 years from now] Very Happy, but you don't get to see all this hehe, thats for the next game and i gotto get further with this one....

We might get some music and models done after all, and it wll be just great Smile

As soon as the code will fix abit and the music will work i will buid short treiler which well won't show to much new stuff but will be nice Smile after all there is a landscape level before the demo one and after him Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:30 pm

The demo2 is shaping, the code isues will be solved in about 2 weeks and then the only isue to remain is enemie models, and polishing the grenades code.

Aside from that the next release is demo2.0 its not continued version but newer version of same demo. just larger better less buggy Wink and just 99.999% of the oryginal concept Smile

But i realy wish to release it with monsters and grenades, then the demo will truely be what i wanted... from that point the mod can expend to the full game title, which is basicly just adding guns, adding monsters and adding levels which is easy and fun especialy when the mood, the plot and especialy the ending is just so cool Smile, not to smart but cool Very Happy

Stay tuned...

View next topic
View previous topic