Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Hollow Moon
gracefool
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:18 am

Just played the 2.0 demo, it rocked =) You've achieved your aim at establishing a spooky, depressing mood, as far as I'm concerned. Of course, it makes me think of 2001, but I think you intended that Cool

I love the way there's no sound. It's realistic, and scary because you have no idea if there's someone right behind you.

IMHO it would be better if you walked a bit slower, and especially if you ran slower. I mean, look at the way astronauts "ran" on the moon... Same with the vehicles, they just don't have a feel of having much mass, they accelerate so quickly. Are you going to do an in-cockpit view for the vehicles?

I know this is niggly, but whenever I saw one of those loading vehicles I tried pressing "use" at the wheel... could there be some way to show why I can't use them?

As for people who don't like the gun - it's primarily a tool, not a gun. When I think that, it's fine for it to be piddly. Although it would be cool if more emphasis could be put on the tool aspect, eg. having you use it as a tool before you use it to kill someone.

The one thing I don't like about the gun is the way it bobs - too fast. Heh, I just think slower fits the atmosphere and the music better.

I seem to agree with Psychomorph on lotsa stuff - his vehicle fade idea would be nice. And I agree the enemies were silly, apart from the first one and a few others in interesting places, they just got in the way - the game would be better without them.

Anyways, congrats on the great mod, I wait eagerly for the full version. Do you have a coder now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:12 am

Sorry guys no coder, but lot of this things will be considered Smile the mod just changed litle but the direction but it wont harm anything not the feel or the mood, i only try to make the gameplay more cool Smile i mean not cool but more meaningfull interactive and interesting, i need a programmmer to achive it but the problem is that ut2k4 is still limited for that and anyway i work on a small retail project, sort of studio if all goes well ill eventualy make it a real game not mod Smile sorry but that mod is so sirious and so litle reallife time and no programmers willing to work for free - no any in fact, but you'll hear about it in future for sure hehe i just still climb those stairs the first step must be finished very soon...

View next topic
View previous topic