Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Mods
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:14 am

A new version of Anomaly, version 0.6 is out at Anomaly-Faction

Fancy some fast speed hovercraft combat and racing? Try Anomaly! Race against up to 15 other players online, or play the single player campaign where you'll try climb the ladder to reach the top of the world of Anomaly Racing. Starting off as a Novice, you'll buy new weapons, hovercrafts and upgrades to your hovercrafts, and try to progress to the Rookie, Professional and finally the Anomaly Level!

For the single player campaign, we have over a hundred different races for you to win, a total of 8 tracks to race on, up to 12 hovercrafts to buy, a large variety of upgrades to chose from, 3 types of weapons to use, and a variety of different race types such as:
-Qualification, race against the track qualifying time for your level alone,
-Pure Race, racing against bots without weapons or boosters,
-Combat Race, racing with weapons only,
-High Speed Race, racing with boosters only,
-High Speed Combat, racing with both boosters and weapons,
-Knockout, where the last racers from each laps are eliminated,
-and the ultimate, Survival, where the other bots will try to take you out, while you have no weapons to defend yourself!

For the online mode, you are able to have races with up to 16 players, or spectate a race going on. A new feature, Field Cams, which you can activate by right clicking when spectating, would let you view the race via specially placed cameras in the tracks to view the race from different angles and perspectives, just like watching a live telecast of an Anomaly race on your computer! Very Happy

Version 0.5 and Version 0.6 are basically the same, except Version 0.6 contains some bug fix for single player and online gameplay and qualification is not a must to unlock new races now. More information are at the website and forum. Do try it, and do give us any comments or feedbacks you may have at the forums. Smile

Thanks
Black-feather
Anomaly-Faction
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:20 am

holy shit Very Happy

this looks soo bad ass!

its worth a newspost Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:00 pm

hiya Raven, a newspost would be great! Hope you like it. Smile
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:52 am

For those who wish to be better at piloting the hovercrafts, do read this, see if it helps. If you have anything to add, do post too! Smile
How to pilot a Craft better!
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:04 am

I've posted a consolidation of the points gathered from feedbacks i've gathered from the forums i've posted in. If theres anything you find that i've missed out, or something you think should be in there and you really really want to point it out, heres the thread. A really big thanks to all who have contributed their feedbacks, and do keep them coming in! Any feedbacks or comments are greatly appreciated! No matter good or bad! Very Happy

Feedback Consolidation for Anomaly
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:23 am

Anyone here got a chance to play online with anyone before? Smile I was wondering maybe we have a get together session to have a game sometime next week?

How was the progress on the SP mode? Anyone got to the Anomaly stage? I've just started on the knockout stage with 8 anomalies so far, but could only get first place on the Industrial city, Speedcity tracks, and Unearthed tracks, they are stupid there... Razz
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:07 am

i ahvent even d/l ed it yet.. Rolling Eyes
im sorry

<Rachel> Razz
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:09 am

Hiya guys! We've finally put a date to the online Racing Session for Anomaly. This Friday, 15th Oct Smile Check out this link for more details! And do tell us if you're joining! It'll be quite boring if there's only me and Zerobit playing Razz

http://anomaly-faction.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,26/func,view/id,360/catid,3/

Take a break from the bots and join us! Very Happy
black-feather
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:47 am

The First Official Online Racing Session for Anomaly has ended, and it has been a really great and fun session! Those who came were really great and we played from the stated time (11.30pm Singapore Time) til 6am in the morning Very Happy! (5.5 hours!)

As we do not have a ability to host a server for too long. (due to firewall, and the current server is by Zerobit who also can't maintain a server for too long.) In an effort to let more players be able to enjoy the online experience, i wish to invite players who are able to host servers to host servers just on the dates of the Online Racing Sessions. (For more informations, please visit the our forum on how to "Setup a dedicated server", and do inform us if you are interested by posting on the "ANO Servers volunteers" Thread in the forum! Big thanks in advance Very Happy)

I would like to thank all the players who joined and am looking forward to more players to join us for future sessions. Very Happy
A thread has been started for the Official Online Race Day too! Check it out for more details! Smile
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:54 am

We will post about this on Monday's news.

Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic