Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums
PointlesS
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:44 pm

I want to use his building meshes in DM-Frozen and they work really well in my assault level...but I can't seem to contact him...I e-mailed him at his planetunreal address but got no response...is there another way of contacting him?
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:55 pm

try sending him a piggion, worked for us dutchys a few hunderd years back..

<Rachel> Razz
Nem1611
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:27 pm

Cheetah wrote:
try sending him a piggion, worked for us dutchys a few hunderd years back..

lol

have u tried his website? there maybe some other email addresses list...
last time i checked this was his site

http://www.warbeast.de/

(although right now its not coming up....)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:24 am

there was no mail in my box you must have writen something wrong ... but no problem rog informed me

... usualy i dont allow other peopl to use my stuff becaus i allways want my maps too look 100% unique.
also i had a lot of REALY bad experiences with sharing content with other mappers once there was a guy called doenerking who used a "new york city style sky" i made for one of my counter strike maps .... his map was a DIE HARD map set in the nakatomi plaza (wich is as we all know in LA ) ...

and than sure enaugh in a german tv show were they show mods and custom maps the host sees it and DISSED MY SKY ON NATIONAL TV !!!!!!!!!!!! only becasu that f*cker used my sky without my permission !

so iam sorry but the answer is no... the skorbut textures and meshes are free for non commericla use i would real apprciate to see more maps with that thema ! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:26 pm

Warbeast you should be happy that someone wants to use your meshes???

Just because one a*shole ditches you,does not mean everyone will..

As long as he gives you credit,i dont see why it would be a major prob for you realy..
(whats the chances his map will be on tv,and ditching you)

Arh well at least he asked you and not tryed to rip it off you like some d*cks do...

It`s just a shame that one bad egg,spoils it for everyone:-(
PointlesS
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:12 am

yeah it stinks but eh that's ok...I need to learn to make my own stuff anyhow...thanks for letting me know though...
PointlesS
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:10 pm

sorry to bring this up again...but I'm trying to create my own buildings and I can sorta get what I want...but I'm really not satisfied with the outcome of it...could you give me some tips on how you did them? I'm using 3ds max 5...and what I end up doing is just creating random shapes of geometry and then using them as booleans to hollow parts of it out...it sorta works but I'm just wondering if there's another way of doing it? any help would be appreciated
noz
Loyal Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:03 pm

It's better not to use booleans. You can do it but if you do to many of them you'll get errors.

Splines are your friends. Extrude and Lathe them.

View next topic
View previous topic