Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:09 pm

1st Is there an option I overlooked to place Half-Life 2 in a different directory? Instead of c:programfiles\Valve\HL2

How long did your unlocking Half-Lfe 2 game files take?

Last edited by Burgess on Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:36 pm

About 2 minutes. I am probably going to create back up disk sometime this weekend. I also found a cool site that has custom case and cd covers for it.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:26 pm

Ok does Steam take forever to validate your games files? They have this game locked down like a mmorpg on crack.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:23 pm

i would also like to know if i can chose a new directory>?
i want my games on D and my software(apps) on C:/program files. but if i instal Steam on C:/program files/valve/steam it instals HL2 there to..
so i removed steam and put it on D:/valve/steam and now it instals HL2 in D:/valve/steam
Rolling Eyes beetje kansloos valve Evil or Very Mad

<Rachel> Razz
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:40 pm

Good 2 know for when I end up reformating

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:09 pm

yeah, i also wonder why Valve chose to make the game so slow. the "other" version i had launched in 3 seconds, this takes almost a minute to launch (the game)
i also thinkg that HL2:DM is a bit to fast, sometimes i spawn and die withing 3 seconds, or less! this is not couse im a n00b Laughing
and when people are running.. they look like theyr using a speed hack Rolling Eyes
i woul more like some layd back relaxed Deathmatch. even UT2004 is slower Shocked

<Rachel> Razz
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:13 pm

I am still rocking the single player. I am in the main City 17 complex (real tall building) with the gravity gun owning troops. I haven't been feeling very social in my gaming lately. I still plan on finishing Far Cry after I am done with HL2. Maybe some multiplayer after that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:21 pm

I beat it! All I am going to say the ending is very abrupt. Still the best single player game I have ever played.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:59 pm

lol

i havent even played SP yet....

been playin DM too much Very Happy

Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:56 am

Man, I actually am having problems - after the little prisoner/matrixey tram ride in the citadel, when you get dropped off in that little cell... it locks up on the loading screen for the next section. It's happened three times - I'm getting kinda pissy.

darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:10 am

All the forums I attend and having completed it myself 3 times, I have never heard of a lock up! Not at that stage in the game. What hardware are you running?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:07 am

someone add *SPOILER* to this forum please Rolling Eyes
im still in nova prospect, i dont realy like that part. i had a major problem right after you get the bugbait. the alien dude stood infront of the door, and wouldent move, so i shoved some boxes next to him and climbed over him. then i talked to some people and aliens in the place. and got to a guy that told me nova prospect is right ahead, but the door was closed. and no way i could open it.. i tryed everything.. so then i decided to do the NoClip cheat and i went trough the door, but then there where some trees in the way, i saw a cable running to some lifting mechanism, but i couldent engage it. so i did noclip again and got trough it Evil or Very Mad weird.. i dont know what messed up, but please tell me how you expirianced that part of the game.
thansk, Cheetah01

ps, i set up a DM server for a friend and mine, i enabled cheat and we could spawn cars and the little boat thingy. and drive it around a bit, to bad the levels are to small to hold races Crying or Very sad

<Rachel> Razz
darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:39 am

I honestly don't remember anything like that. I certainly never had any clip issues. I don't think (for a change) that I can be much help without you saying something that jogs my memory. What did you do for the 30 mins before the guy spoke to you? Who was the guy? Anything like that may help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:40 am

Cheetah I think you have to free the alien so he can open the door. If you are where I think you are you have a lot of fun ahead of you. The best part of the game, for me, was breaking into the prison and defending with the turrets.

I felt a little lost after I beat HL2 yesterday. Sad

Last edited by Burgess on Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:43 am

I really need to play it again. I completed it in 4 days and I don't think I took a blind bit of notice of what was going on, just playing with the effects/areas/controls/bad guys etc. Not actually paying attention can cause major headaches later on, trust me...

View next topic
View previous topic