Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:10 am

Engine History. Anyone know a good link to the history of Engines, what they did for gaming, why they were special, how the compare to now and what they lead on to etc. etc.?

I am looking for a kind of simplified version of how all the differnt engines for different games by different companies had an impact on each other and all that kinda stuff (excuse me, I am tired, I am normally better at explaining than this).

If you have any links or resourses of your own, please leave me a way to find them. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:11 pm

Here is Tycho's history of Unreal tech part 1

http://www.barbos.net/unrealops/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=128

Part 2

http://www.barbos.net/unrealops/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=132

These may or may not answer some of your questions about the Unreal engine. I really have no clue where to start looking for info about the Source, Crytech, Doom 3, or XRay engines.
Burgessisageek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:12 pm

me
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:25 pm

there was a part about Crytec engine in a PC Zone, tho it was the dutch version, dunno if it was in the english one..

<Rachel> Razz
darkblackcrow
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:54 pm

It's not as easy to find as you may think. Thanks for the links guys, I have read them. I just don't know where to start for a real history of how each stage was in a different engine, and how all the engines from over the years suppassed each other and in what fiels (ie. x engine did y, whilst the z engine built on this adding that etc.)

View next topic
View previous topic