Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:26 pm

Well, maybe not Steamed but close. According to Shacknews Duke Nukem Forever will be electronically distributed via a software delivery system like Steam:
Quote:

"Games xStream is the first and only online delivery platform that can satisfy a gamer's desire to buy a game on impulse and start playing minutes later, regardless of the size or complexity of the game. 3D Realms is extremely excited by this ground breaking technology, and we plan to use it to sell our future releases"

Arggg...I just hope Game xStream doesn't burden paying customers like Steam does. If so, don't bother buying the game on the retail launch day. It took me hours to get Half-Life 2 working. For more information visit Game XStream and to view the official statement visit Shacknews.
Radeon285
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:51 am

wow and the good news about DNF just keeps rolling in and in....

Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:30 am

ok i didnt check it nowdays but when i just bought boxed hl2, i had to use steam afterall to encrypt it, to play it and it even asked me for cd - the only thing i like about steam is that it updates stuff automatically withough any need to think, wait i need patch 30245 or 30254 Smile

But here it ends Smile

And yeah, atleast they TALK about dn4 Smile

View next topic
View previous topic