Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:08 am

Recently Mark rein was interviewed by Computer Games Magazine (CGM), there website has the interview available for our viewing pleasure. And as I read the interview I notice a little comment about 2 Epic controlled Unreal Engine games in the works... I know of Pariah, but thats DE's project, could anyone fill me in on the two mystery games?
Quote:
Computer Games - Even though console games are now moving towards the next-generation console technology, does Epic still consider the PC game platform to be an important one?

Mark Rein - Absolutely. We love PC games and we love the PC platform. We intend to continue to be a leader in PC games and PC game technology. In fact our strength on the PC is now helping us make awesome engine technology for next-generation consoles. What is great about the next-gen console platforms is that they're starting to incoporate the kind of high-end graphics parts you normally would expect on very expensive PCs. The major next-gen consoles will be using ultra high-end graphics chips that based on the technologies we were already aiming our engine at. Unreal Engine 3 is extremely well positioned to capitalize on this trend.
That brings a tear to my eye, I always hate playing FPS's on consoles (except the Dreamcast because i could use a keyboard and mouse) and I'm glad that Epic's going to continue to be the frontrunner on computer gaming tech!

View next topic
View previous topic