Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Thanks to BU for informing me of this one, nofrag.com has an interesting interview with James Schmalz, one of the people behind Pariah.
Quote:
We have a wicked new weapon system that affects single player and multiplayer play by allowing the player to customize their weapons and upgrade them as they play. So as you play through the game you can select which weapons you want to upgrade and improve. As they upgrade they gain different features and powers. It’s very cool and makes combat in multiplayer very unique. So we have a core set of traditional weapons such as an assault rifle and a rocket launcher, etc. and then we have some really unique and new weapons.

Every weapon can be upgraded as you play in both single player and multiplayer. Each upgrade is more difficult to get than the last. In addition to that, we have a few really cool and unique weapons that tie into the story. One we showed off recently is called Titans Fist. As to the nature of the weapon and what it does, you will just have to play the game and find out.

There are 7 weapons in the game that can be functionally upgraded 3 times throughout the singleplayer campaign using pick-ups called Weapon Energy Cores that are dispersed throughout the environments for you to find. Once you have a WEC you can choose which weapon you want to upgrade. Some of the upgrades include going from a single rocket on the rocket launcher to a lock-on feature and then locking on up to 4 targets at a time or with the grenade launcher you ultimately get a mag grenade that attracts debris while it's flying through the air and explodes fragments everywhere upon detonation...quite powerful!
Very cool, I cant wait to play this game and try it out for myself!
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 am

Weapon Energy Cores?

"Dispersed" throughout?

Sounds like Unreal and the Dispersion pistol are making a comeback....Mr. Green Wink

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:31 pm

lol

yah i know what you mean XD

that dispersion pistol was bad ass when it was fully powered Wink

View next topic
View previous topic