Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:50 pm

Be great Tycho if you could also explain how people upgrade their weps & health, and how to play the FLA game type, as those are the 2 most common Q's i see people typing in game.

Also i see lots of people asking how to add bots for practice. most unreal console commands work for pariah. inlcuding "loaded" in practice mode offline so you can see all the weps.

Also i read that "Qstat" was being set up for Pariah. Not sure when its due out. Its a server query.

Quote:

Random bits of info I picked up while playing that might help some -
The health bars work like in Riddick. They recharge automatically unless the entire bar is drained, in which case you need to use the heal tool to get the drained bars back.

To use the secondary function of the plasma gun after you upgrade it ( the plasma ball ), just hold down the fire button til you hear a charging noise. It'll use a bit of ammo, but really I didn't have any problems with running out of ammo in the CTF map, ammo hording doesn't really seem to be a big part of this game.

To upgrade a weapon, open the weapon menu by hitting X, then click on one of your weapons. To upgrade the first level of a gun you need just 1 weapon upgrade core, for the second upgrade you need 2, and so on.
You pick up weapon upgrade cores from dead bodies, they look pink-ish tan.

Hit F to go into sprint mode. It lowers your weapon and the screen blurs, and your running speed is increased.

-FBMachine from BU forums

actually its this game is growing on me... the FOV really really helped, that and setting the mouse speed way down.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:04 am

Keep adding tweaks here and I will make an article that we can keep updated.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Do WECs get dropped on every kill? From what I can tell it seems random and I seem to have the worst of luck. One game I got a ton but most games by the end of a FLA match I only got like 5 or 6 and I would have over 20 some kills.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or whatnot.

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
JaFO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:04 pm

I'm not sure what the exact frequency is, but it's definitely not a 50/50 chance of ammo / WEC.
I'd guess it's something like 1 in 4 or 5 frags.

Note that it pretty much discourages camping/long range kills, because you're forced to go out there and get it.

The only problem I foresee is that a *beep* of a teammate start fighting about who 'deserves' the WEC.

The upgrade-cost is :
- 1 for 1st level
- 2 for 2nd level
- 3 for 3rd level
So 6 WEC's for a the maximum level of a weapon.

btw :
servers can set the number of initial WEC's
so it can help to check if you've already got some at the start Smile
a server that gives everyone 18 WEC's therefor allows everyone to upgrade all of their equipment (2 weapons + injector) at first spawn.

And did someone mention the bonesaw/melee-weapon hiding under the 'Q'-key ?
Lruce Bee
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:45 pm

A bit clatty for my liking and it just feels unfinished to me - textures seem really blurred and some terrain looks sloppy - from a professional outfit I expected a bucket load more than this - I'll play some more to see if it pulls me in but definatey no WOW factor atm - Single player may be a different story though

Lruce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:17 pm

JaFO wrote:
I'm not sure what the exact frequency is, but it's definitely not a 50/50 chance of ammo / WEC.
I'd guess it's something like 1 in 4 or 5 frags.

Yeah lol its kinda funny/annoying/wtf......I can kill 3 guys and never get a WEC. The last game I played I think my character dropped one on all but 3 of my deahts......yet when I killed guys they just wouldnt come.....everyone has fulling upgraded weapons almost and Im stuck with level ones....

And it IS slightly annoying to miss out on WECs that others take from you but I guess that kinda evens out in the end.....when I do see a bunch of WECs I try not to take them all so others can share the spoils.

Later,
Mark

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
SKYFURNACE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:09 pm

will the server be back up? and what gametype?

BTW: Anyone Find the third vehicle?
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 pm

I will put it back up for a bit later on tonight. Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
endemic.eden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:24 pm

In Vehicle CTF or in a vehicle can you pick up a wec?

I have tried unsuccessfully I think. Also I wonder if you can pick up the flag with a vehicle

View next topic
View previous topic