Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:56 pm

Well this week is shaping up to be a good news week. Eventually I will have to go on break but I guess it isn't this week. Smile

West Point, NY May 10, 2005 - The U.S. Army today announced that it is expanding its technology agreement with Epic Games. Since 2000, Epic's Unreal® Engine 2 has served as the foundation for America's Army, the Official U.S. Army Game. To take advantage of leap-ahead capabilities afforded by Epic Games' newest engine, the Army will begin developing it's next generation versions of America's Army on the Unreal Engine 3® in the coming months.

"The Unreal Engine has enabled us to develop one of the most popular games in the world. At the same time, the Unreal Engine has provided us the power and flexibility to develop revolutionary training and education applications for use across the government," said Colonel Casey Wardynski, project director and originator of the "America's Army" concept. "The gameplay, environments and immersive action generated using Unreal Engine 3 will allow us to create ever more realistic scenarios and environments through which young adults can learn about Soldiering and through which Soldiers can master skills ranging from lifesaving to countering IEDs in the Global War on Terrorism."
And just imagine, this is a free game!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:21 am

"Eventually I will have to go on break but I guess it isn't this week."

Or next week...because of E3!! I'm sure more news about the Unreal Engine 3 and various games using the engine will come to light.

No vacation for you!

Smile

- Ninja X
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:53 pm

Yea it is looking more and more like I will have to wait until the end of the month to take a vacation.

Razz

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic