Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:39 pm

I have some bummer news for everyone. Real Life has kept me too busy this fall and soon-to-be winter. Combine this with interest in the Unreal Universe being in it's cyclical low point (until GoW comes out) and that I haven't been able to find anyone to take over the site (all of my staffers have real computer jobs now). The site doesn't have anyone to take care of it. It is coming due and I just can't bring myself to let it erode to dust, so I am just going to take it offline towards the end of next month.

I just wanted to take this time to say thanks to everyone that has helped out with the site over the years, Burgess, Raven, Dragon, past UO staffers, past news hounds, Bman for the bandwidth and especially to Barbos, whom made sure the site stayed healthy every week. Many, many thanks to your contributions over the years. I hope everyone that has stopped by the site these past 6 years has enjoyed it. I hope everyone has a successful career and a healthy future!!

Aaron 'Tycho' Bregg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:06 pm

Damn this is a shame. But that is life. Tycho you have done a cool job for the Unreal community.

Sad this is happening. But sometimes it is time to move on.

Kick ass and cya later Smile
Desperado#2
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:11 pm

Realized that I was not online when I made the post. The guest one is me.

Good luck with your future Tycho.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:29 pm

Goddamn... well, Tycho, it was a pleasure, please believe that.
Sorry I couldn't be around to help out - with college and 30hrs a work weeking, I just don't have the time.. I suppose that's the same with everyone else.
It was a good run.

~Matthew 'Dragon Rage' Perry

Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:22 pm

It sucks that the site has to end. For the past 5 or more years UO has been, in one way or another, my internet home. I am sorry that I don't have anytime to spend posting news, but between work, eBay, and setting up a web design company I barely have time for women, family, and friends. I would like to sincerely thank everyone I have worked with and all the UO readers. You guys made one of the most thankless jobs (posting news) worth it. I know I am a better person for knowing you all.

Special thanks to Tycho. Without your guidance and patience I would not be working with Websites for a living. The opportunity you gave me really means a lot.

Take care,

Burgess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 am

Geez, that is a real shame. really enjoyed this site. Having being visiting for the last couple of years. Just wish I had time to help you out. Once again "REAL LIFE" intrudes. Well thanks for all the advice and information all your guys managed to submit. It certainly helped me out a few times. Good luck for the future, and remember, don't let real life become real strife.
Plumb_Drumb
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:12 pm

total bummer.

I guess it goes without saying that you guys did a great job with the site, for a long time.
It will always be appreciated.

Extra Super Thanks for setting up the CBP with that staff forum too!!
It was a humongous help.
(shoot, if I remember correctly, there are more posts in that one forum that all the other forums! lol)

See ya 'round, for sure Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:42 am

We got to play around with some cool stuff! I know i'll remember this site and I know archive.com will as well! lol I can't wait to see what this next generation of games will bring and in memory ill take the site with me!

Thanks for all the fun Aaron,

Zenmaster/nick mitchell
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:21 am

No, thanks to all of you guys!! Hopefully I will have time next year to do something again. Crying or Very sad

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

Last edited by Tycho on Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
modesty_b
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:31 am

What sad news. Sad Thanks for a terrific site, Tycho--I know keeping it going must have taken a huge chunk out of your life for the past few years, and you're to be commended for your efforts. I'm gonna miss it!

All the best to you in future endeavors! Smile

--mod (and Donuthunter too)
oj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:58 pm

tis a sad day indeed Sad

View next topic
View previous topic