Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:44 pm

In an interesting report, Gamers.com has an article stateing that our beloved Epic has now signed a publishing deal with Microsoft? Odd, I'm still looking for some form of confirmation on this, however, it does raise some very intrigueing questions. If this is found to be true, will Epic continue the Linux support it had begun with UT2k3? Or is this all a load of bull that has been spread across the Internet. I invite you to read it for yourself here and see what you think.
spongebob
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:19 am

The whole thing is open to a huge amount of interpretation.
Just certain games? "Unreal Dance Party" is MS only while "Unreal Warfare" remains Atari?
Maybe it only counts for the mysterious "Scion Games"?
Does a Server count as a Game? You can only Play on Windows, but Linux servers are still allowed?

I think I read that Epic was ignoring Macs anyway with 2004, so no change there....

Hopefully Marky Mark will write a bit of PR to explain it better.

On the upside, that means we get to hear about Epics next games soon? Cool!
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:19 am

Fappin seem to have a quote of some “official documentation” on the matter:

http://www.fappin.com/news/news_small.asp?Number=6279

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:27 am

"Several New Games" - a bit of a mystery.
Not necessarily "Unreal" games, not necessarily all their games.... but then how many games does Epic produce anyway? One every year or 2 or 3.
saturnfive
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:01 am

Scion seem to have two games in production, Epic have warfare + the next instalmanet of UT after 2004, I suppose.

I'd expect Microsoft to be looking for 'killer apps' for the XBox2 at this stage. These games would fulfil the role that Halo played in the launch of the current XBox. Also I think Microsoft were heavily 'courting' the original Unreal game for a while before it launched with another publisher.

View next topic
View previous topic