Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:23 am

That's right, as Tycho mentioned not that long ago, HaloPC has finished, and now we've got the official announcement! Halo PC has finally gone GOLD! This is great news for any of us who have been waiting to try out this game on our systems. Here's a blurb from the official statement:

Microsoft Game Studios, Bungie Studios and Gearbox Software today announced that HaloŽ for Windows has gone gold and is scheduled to hit store shelves on September 30 for an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.).

Halo, the critically acclaimed best-selling Xbox game, is coming to Windows gamers for the first time with new exclusive features, including online multiplayer support, new maps, vehicles and weapons. Halo is optimized for the PC with the precision offered by the mouse-and-keyboard and full support for high-end hardware including graphic resolutions up to 1600 by 1200 and beyond. Halo's online multiplayer feature will enable players to battle it out with fellow gamers worldwide in a variety of individual and team-based games. Halo for Windows was developed by Gearbox Software in conjunction with Bungie Studios.

Head on over to the Official Announcement and read the rest for yourself.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:20 am

BOUT TIME!!!!!!
when will it be in stores?

Castrate
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:36 am

will there be a demo?
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:54 pm

Raven wrote:
BOUT TIME!!!!!!
when will it be in stores?

Quote:
is scheduled to hit store shelves on September 30

need I say more?

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:08 pm

Castrate wrote:
will there be a demo?

this i do not know, but if there is, you'll prolly see it first http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/projects_halo.html there.

0 Rows Returned.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:10 pm

Smile oh yah
maybe i should actually start reading the news posts instead of just reading the headlines
Razz

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:27 pm

Raven wrote:
Smile oh yah
maybe i should actually start reading the news posts instead of just reading the headlines
Razz

Razz bah, dork Razz

0 Rows Returned.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:51 pm

Peoii wrote:
Raven wrote:
Smile oh yah
Razz

Razz bah, dork Razz

what? you mean to tell me you actually read them? i read the headlines, then go into the forums and hear what people have to say. i think it's more personal then Smile

but on the occasional topic i do read the whole thing (namely mine Razz )

Smile

Sir_Brizz
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:34 am

Halo for PC is going to be horrible...

All the weapons but the rocket launcher are hitscan, and the pistol is one shot kill from the neck up. I played this at E3, and I was SOOO disappointed. That and the fact that Co-op is removed from the PC port.

It's just not PC friendly. The whole game was catered to the Xbox and they are keeping it that way on the PC. The movement doesn't fit, the weapons don't fit, there is hardly any new content (a warthog with a rocket launcher and two new maps is all) and without co-op, IMO, it is a complete waste.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:35 am

i'll agree with you on one condition, that you are talking about people that have played the game on the Xbox before. but for people that have never played the game(like myself) and for people who were going to buy an xbox just for Halo and Halo 2 this is a $300 + cheaper alternative (also like myself)

but otherwise i totally agree with you there should have been more content, but the best part of pc's are that they can dl patches and updates to put new content on them. ALONG WITH maps that people create in the editor, and mod's that people make. Smile

View next topic
View previous topic